In the race with time-to-market pressures, developers are in a rush to put their product out there. But according to Theresa Lanowitz, founder of Voke, there's this "fix it later" mentality when we should really be fixing it now, or in her words, future-proofing our applications.
Call for respondents: Cloud, Containers, Microservices and the Influence of Development Teams on Architecture
Requesting JVM professionals to complete this 10-min Lightbend survey––each completion donates to charity!
As mobility increases productivity in a fast-paced society, it's important to understand security threats that come along with it. How strong is your organization's mobile strategy? Do you know what tools should be used to help fend off attacks? Even if safeguards are in place, is it tome for your strategy to mature?
Are you ready to rumble? Prepare for the battle of the dashboards
Traditionally, since the very beginning of the computing era, enterprise software development has faced one challenge when, naturally, it is supposed to be focused on solving real business problems, but at the same time developers have to spend significant time and efforts on the technical side of the solution, such as architecture and generic functionality implementation. The article explains...
CompletableFuture vs Future: going async with Java 8 new features
Before we begin exploring ECS, there are several key Amazon Web Services (AWS) that you need to be familiar with. This article reviews those core AWS services and lays a foundation for learning about ECS.
As TechTarget updates the WhatIs database, I've been tasked with providing a new definition to the simple term "IDE." And I've decided to pass that job onto the readership because I'm busy doing other things. Any chance you could help me?
DevOps have been an exciting shift in the technological landscape and if you haven't already jumped on the bandwagon, perhaps it's time your organization does.
97% of Logged Errors are Caused by 10 Unique Errors
Data Pipeline 4.1 includes MongoDB integration, improved streaming joins, a new email reader for IMAP and POP3, JMX Monitoring, an in-memory Event Bus, and more.
What are the top Clojure libraries used by projects on Github? Based on analyzing over 30,000 leiningen dependencies
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...