TiP is not something to be afraid of. The more you understand what may go wrong and how to take the proper precautions to prevent that, the more successful and efficient your overall app development process will be.Today’s post is about the major risks of Testing in Production, how to mitigate them and ensure you’re getting your best end-product to users.
The real value of Groovy and Grails. They are technologies that empower developers in a smooth way.
In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate.
In this post we are going to see how to create and enable SSL in Apache TomEE (and Tomcat) with a self-signed certificate
Last week, the chatter around 11 year old open-source JVM language Groovy centred on new Android functionalities in the upcoming 2.4 release. For the near future though, there’s a far more pressing issue, with Pivotal’s announcement that it would be withdrawing support for the language and accompanying Grails framework once the projected Grails 3.0 drop is achieved. The final severance will take...
The JEP 213 – Milling Project Coin is a follow up to the Project Coin additions to Java 7. Note, as the JEP states, this isn’t a Project Coin 2.0. It’s more of an attempt at smoothing the “rough edges” that came along with these additions.
How does the Fork/Join framework act under different configurations? Benchmark results following 260 test runs against Parallel Streams and ExecutorService
When a task you're working on is too big or you simply don't want to do it, you cut corners; here is how you can do it professionally
The growth of fast-moving big scale Web companies like Google and Amazon overthrew some conventions, ones that used to put DBAs in a powerful position versus developers. Yet DBAs will not go away anytime soon, as a recent SearchDataManagement.com story suggest. How do you think the DBA - and the data schema - will fare in the future?
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
In this article we take you through Java 8 Default Methods and explains them to you in 5 minutes.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...