Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
Loading all data into a Hashtable instead of using proper SQL (24k Statements instead of one) and an overloaded web site (280 images on landing page) are the two top problems of November that we found in our Application Performance Clinic. Find the technical details and how you can do a quick sanity check on your application
A proposal for a different approach to application performance monitoring that is far more efficient, effective, extensible and eventual than traditional legacy approaches based on metrics and event logging.
Make sure that your website is up, serving customers, and meeting its performance expectations with user monitoring. In this post, we explore the five ways that Synthetic User Monitoring can make your website monitoring smarter.;http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-ways-synthetic-users-make-website-monitoring-smarter/
In this post, I’d like to examine code that implements a concurrent solution to the same problem and talk about what’s good about the given approach, what’s are some potential drawbacks, and what pitfalls may lay in wait for you.
With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
Introduction to Spring Data JPA with Spring 4 - the Spring config, the DAO, manual and generated queries and transaction management.
In the latest in Jigsaw puzzling news, we’re pleased to report that the initial change-set for JEP 220: “Modular Run-Time Images” was pushed through yesterday. As part of the steady granularisation of Java to improve performance, security, and maintainability, this JEP’s overriding purpose is slated as the remodelling of the JDK and JRE run-time images to accommodate modules.
Continuous Integration is becoming a key element in modern day Agile development. When integrated with performance testing, CI can be vital in detecting and mitigating performance issues before they have a chance to derail your system in the real world. Is your company reaping these benefits or lagging behind the competition?
The survival kit for new deployments: Tools for Java developers that frequently deploy code to production
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Inside the portal arena with Liferay (31 Mar 2015) Learn about the front facing portal applications happening at Liferay in this interview with TSS...
- Virtual networking can improve DevOps software quality (31 Mar 2015) Increased use of advanced networking functionality and virtual networking could lead to improved...
- Migrating a website without the migraines (30 Mar 2015) Given all that's involved, migrating to a new website can be challenging. Here is a checklist to...
- How embedded technologies are enabling the Internet of Things (IOT) (29 Mar 2015) From wearable devices to internet connected devices called NodeBots, embedded technologies are...
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.