This course is designed to help you make the most effective use of Java. It discusses advanced topics, including object creation, concurrency, serialization, reflection and many more. It will guide you through your journey to Java mastery!
Over the past year or so there has been quite a lot of attention on finding memory leaks in a JVM. Memory leaks can cause havoc in a JVM. They can be unpredictable and result in costly performance degradation or even down time during server restarts. Ideally, memory leaks are found long before an application runs in production. Unfortunately, lower-state testing is often not adequate enough to...
Extracting Valuable Data from log4j logs with Virtual Fields
Unless you’ve managed to avoid technology websites over the past several months, you know that the Internet of Things is a big deal. Organizations across the globe are determining what the IoT will mean for their business and how to prepare for the rapid increase in connected “things.” For performance testers, the IoT can seem even more daunting as it introduces considerable change that may end...
A quick review of Windows 10
As a performance engineer, we wanted to arm you with a few of the common misconceptions out there, and give you some helpful ways of addressing them. That way, you can push your performance testing initiatives deeper into your Agile process, improving your application and making your end users happy.
Concurrency is always a challenge for developers and writing concurrent programs can be extremely hard. In this course, you will dive into the magic of concurrency. You will be introduced to the fundamentals of concurrency and concurrent code and you will learn about concepts like atomicity, synchronization and thread safety.
When JetBrains announced a change of terms to their licensing agreement on September 3rd, adopting a subscription based model across their developer productivity tools. the company anticipated feedback. What they got was a torrent, with reactions ranging from mildly perturbed to outright apoplectic. Having published a post to express that the company was indeed listening to what its users had to...
We talked to the guys at Push Technology about some press release they did. We have no idea what the original press release was about, but we did learn some great things about compression, modern web service design, IoT issues and bunch of other things.
jClarity, in partnership with RedHat and leading universities such as London Imperial and the Technical University of Dresden, is pleased to be part of the EU Horizon 2020 project to deliver Secure Reactive Enclaves (SeReCa) in the cloud computing space.
Amazon Aurora: The next generation of hosted database services put to the test
With tech markets getting more crowded and complicated everyday however evangelists are the very human points of intersection between developers, marketing powerhouses, and products. For an example of this, just think about how hungry developers and enterprises have been to learn about the hugely disruptive container movement – and how to couple it with their favourite technologies.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.