We’ve looked at Neo4j a bit already, so this is the second installment where we explore indexes, which are used to help you find your starting nodes and production deployment strategies.
The Microservices paper by Martin Fowler & James Lewis has been influencing many development team and projects around the world. This software architecture style has gained prominence among web-scale startups and enterprises. This paper describes how microservices related to SBA and XAP. We will review the different principles microservices lays out and describe how these fit into the SBA model
Groovy, Grails and Gradle together form an excellent and highly productive platform for developing modern web applications. Today we're going to look at deploying Grails applications written in Groovy effortlessly to AWS using Gradle and Boxfuse.
Measure your application performance and availability to the finest detail with a built-in transaction detection engine.
Lean how to implement a Search/Query Language for a Spring REST API using the standard Feed Item Query Language instead of a custom syntax.
Docker is an open-source project that automates the deployment of applications inside software containers, by providing an additional layer of abstraction and automation of operating-system-level virtualization on Linux. It seems that Docker has taken over the programming world lately. For this reason, we have gathered 10 awesome Docker tutorials to ease you into the framework and help you...
What are some of the most useful tips for keeping your GC overhead low?
I love this story from General Stanley McChrystal’s account of the NASA space program in his book Team of Teams. It’s an illustration of the foundation of DevOps principles and is obviously (as you’ll see shortly) not constrained to a developer or operations world; in fact the principles are rooted in systems-thinking which goes back longer than the now-hyped DevOps movement. On September 12,...
I’ve been doing a continuous delivery talk for a while now and during my talk I describe a pattern for safely migrating one database to another without downtime. Since many people contacted me and asked for more details about it, I will describe it here in more details as promised. You can use this pattern to migrate between two different databases, for instance between MySql and MongoDB or...
Hadoop is an Apache Software Foundation project. It is the open source version inspired by Google MapReduce and Google File System. In this example, we are going to demonstrate the second component of Hadoop framework called MapReduce and we will do so by Word Count Example (Hello World program of the Hadoop Ecosystem) but first we shall understand what MapReduce actually is.
What happens when a one day course hosted on virtual machines doesn't have the required software pre-configured? In a case like this, it's Bitnami to the rescue.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...