Updates pivoted towards Oracle's platform update, along with a series of feature tweaks.
Linux engineer devises ingenious DIY 'PiPhone', powered by the humble single cell computer and basic electronics.
We've mostly focused on the sweet new additions to Java 8 - but there are two sides to every release. Lukas Eder delves into the murkier side of the update.
Apache Hadoop Development Tools (HDT) is still in development phase. So, no official distribution of Hadoop 2.2.0 Eclipse Plugin is available now. But we can build the same using winghc/hadoop2x-eclipse-plugin. In this post, we'll build, install and configure the plugin with the Eclipse or any Eclipse based IDE (say, Spring Tool Suite) to ease the development activities using Hadoop framework.
Interfaces are one of the core design concepts of Object Oriented Design. They are used for multiple reasons, like enabling multiple implementations of specific interfaces. In this post, I'll dive into how these are used in Java 6 and 7, how they apply to Cloudify, and what's coming with Java 8.
Are you attempting load and performance testing in an Agile environment but find yourself asking, “Am I doing this right?” To help you out, we have collected answers to common questions from our performance guru Steve Weisfeldt. Read on to learn what he knows: http://www.neotys.com/blog/load-testing-speed-agile-qa-with-steve-weisfeldt/
Transcending Code, Containers and The Cloud with Simulation
Concurrent Adders are a new set of classes used in Java 8. As people have been managing concurrent counters since the dawn of multi-core architectures, we'll see what are some of the options Java offered up until now, and how they perform compared to this new API
Spring XD offers a unified, distributed, and extensible system for data ingestion, real time analytics, batch processing, and data export for Hadoop. XD is built on Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data + Spring Hadoop, and inherits all their proven capability, including portability across major distributions like Apache, Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
Boot removes tedious boilerplate Java code for about 80% of cases, and encourages small, simply focused services that are ideal for cloud / PaaS deployments. Boot provides as much as possible out of the box for your app in production (metrics, JMX, CraSHd shell integration, easy security, etc.) so that getting the code right is the only responsibility you care about.
The industry’s jargon can be hard to decipher at times, especially when trying to explain these buzzwords to fellow co-workers within your organization who don’t really have a clue what you are talking about. Buzzwords are unavoidable, however there needs to be a clear understanding of what a buzzword is and the testing buzzwords you should know. Read on to see the answer.
In this article I will show you how to create your own simple java web service and how to test it using Glassfish 4.0.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.