New JOSSO 2.4 unleashes an extended modeling notation for rolling out even more complex settings, improved interoperability with cloud services as well as with the latest technology stacks and applications.
Oracle announces plans to join forces with Imagination Technologies to bring Java to MIPS chip architecture and tune Java to work with PowerVR graphics
For the 5th time, ZeroTurnaround's tech detectives at RebelLabs revisit the tools & technologies landscape in Java, collecting data, crunching numbers and see what’s going on in 14 different tool segments and the market at large.
In this article we take alook at running JavaFX on a server.
Clojure is a Lisp for the JVM and due to being different is a great programming language to learn. To ease your learning process this article shows you how to design software in a functional language and how to start your next Clojure project using Leiningen.
MapDB allows you as the Java developer to do what you do every day: work with the familiar, natural and powerful Java Collections API – while surpassing the traditional limitations of Java Heap Memory and the expense of Garbage Collection with large data sets. I was able to get up and running with MapDB literally in a few minutes, and now I can create virtually any size collection (Map, Set,...
If you’ve ever done a lot of work with Regular Expressions, you’re probably familiar with the concept of catastrophic backtracking, which means that the engine is forced to calculate permutations of exponential proportions. This article demonstrates how to protect yourself from runaway regular expressions, and prevent a hidden denial of service attack that is exposed in the Java language itself.
Brian Goetz rallies army of “nine million” Java wizards at JAX 2014 keynote, earmarking arrays and Value Types as burning issues.
Explore one of the new Java 8 features by adding default method implementations to your interfaces.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
Review of TypeScript support in WebStorm 8
What is the best way to test your mobile application properly for performance? In this post I will discuss the use of emulators and real devices for mobile application performance testing. Both of these tools have equal importance in mobile application testing, it all depends on what type of results you would like to see. Read more here:...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java EE 8 adoption outpace previous releases? (17 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, Barry Burd discussed how and why he's predicting a fast adoption of Java EE 8.
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.