This week has seen the programming world gorging itself on yet another piping hot pan of FUD fudge, thanks to a recent missive to InfoWorld by “a former high-ranking Java official.” In an article titled, “Insider: Oracle has lost interest in Java,” Paul Krill laid out the main thrust of the email, which apparently carried the header “Java — planned obsolescence.” In an article titled, “Insider:...
While originally conceived primarily as a Java IDE, with NetBeans 8.1, Oracle proves that their open source development tool can provide top tier Node.js IDE support as well.
Part III in a series reviewing Big Data and the various solutions that have been built to capture, manage, and analyze it. This article dives deeper into data analysis using Hadoop and MapReduce.
TheServerSide considers itself pretty lucky to have Barry Burd, the best-selling author of Beginning Programming with Java For Dummies and Android Application Development All-in-One For Dummies regularly contributing articles and tutorials about the various things going on in the IT world that he finds interesting and compelling. Here’s a look at some of the things that have caught his attention...
ZK 8 has both memory and response improvements; it is faster and lighter than ZK 7. If using ZK 8's new feature - Shadow Elements- the memory consumption is approximately one-third lighter than ZK 7 for 100 to 1500 concurrent users. In regard to the response time, ZK 8 is approximately 6 to 12 times faster than the previous version. We hope you will like the speed enhancement of ZK 8!
Spring Integration is an open source framework for enterprise application integration. In this course, you are introduced to Enterprise Application Integration patterns and how Spring Integration addresses them.
Some of the weirdest Java puzzlers that we had a chance to get our hands on
Test-Driven Development is a great tool for functional testing, but can you apply the same technique to performance testing? Why not? The purpose of TDD is to build out small unit tests, or scenarios, under which you control your initial coding. Your tests will fail the first time you run them because you haven’t actually developed any code. But once you do start coding, you’ll end up with just...
Apache TomEE makes Java EE fast and lightweight. We take this to the next level by using Boxfuse to deploy a Java EE application to AWS using a single command.
When I read Angelika Langer’s Java performance tutorial – How fast are the Java 8 streams? I couldn’t believe that for a specific operation they took about 15 times longer than for loops. Could stream performance really be that bad? I had to find out! Coincidently, I recently watched a cool talk about microbenchmarking Java code and I decided to put to work what I learned there. So lets see...
This course is designed to help you make the most effective use of Java. It discusses advanced topics, including object creation, concurrency, serialization, reflection and many more. It will guide you through your journey to Java mastery!
Over the past year or so there has been quite a lot of attention on finding memory leaks in a JVM. Memory leaks can cause havoc in a JVM. They can be unpredictable and result in costly performance degradation or even down time during server restarts. Ideally, memory leaks are found long before an application runs in production. Unfortunately, lower-state testing is often not adequate enough to...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.