Since Java 8 release interfaces can contain definitions of static and default methods. Default methods form another chain of inheritance, parallel to the class inheritance, and can greatly confuse you if you let them get out of hands.
What if you could go back in time when an app running in the cloud, servicing a request and inject new code into the flow that augments a simulated reality.
In this article we take a look at what is important to consider as part of of your process in choosing a Java Application Server.
I always find it frustrating to “argue” with our competitors about what the best solution is. There is no “one size fits all” – there is just a “this tool fits best for your APM Maturity Level” (not saying the others wouldn’t do a good job). In this blog I highlight the reasons why Steven - a Performance Engineer - switched to our solution. Not because we are the best - but because we fit their...
Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
Here we are in the middle of the World Cup, and the entire world is watching thanks to the ubiquity of online video. Services like video streaming, live social media coverage and mobile push notifications have only been available for a short time – yet consumers have embraced them and immediately become reliant on them. In this post, we will take a look at the digital side of world sporting...
Simple question. The simplest answer to that may be “It depends.” But let’s explore that aspect a little further and please keep in mind there is no absolute truth despite what pages upon pages of heated online discussions might suggest. In addition to that we also have some fully-working, juicy sample code for you to ogle over. We’re talking about @Transactional in a Spring based project...
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...