In this report we’re looking at the top 3 of the Java IDEs available on the market, and which Keyboard Shortcuts, Plugins and Observations can make you as awesome as your IDE is.
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security – using a token persisted in the database.
Couldn't make it to Devoxx 2014? Fortunately for you, we've got Geertjan Wielenga providing coverage of all of the important things that are going on this week in Antwerp.
Memory Leaks are still a major contributor of application problems and crashes. There are many tools out there that make finding memory leaks easier. This is a hands-on on how to do it with dynaTrace - using the Free Trial Edition.
In this article, Ernest gives a quick run-down of Java 8 Streams and how it works nicely together with Lambda Expressions.
While last year AngularJS was all the rage, it would appear that Docker is the new sweetheart on the tip of everyone's tongue at Devoxx 2014.
Are you using Struts? Then you should be aware of a well-known performance bug in Struts that causes high response time overhead due to a synchronized read access to config files which are re-parsed for every single request Struts is handling. If you have a lot of parallel requests your application is most likely spending most of its time in synchronization. Good news is that there is a fix...
Understanding Understanding in the context of both human and software action and perception.
Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Akka, Java 8 streams and Quasar: The classic use cases to the newest concurrency approaches for Java developers
OACC (pronounced Oak) is a powerful, new Java Application Security Framework. The almost revolutionary difference with OACC is a security model that provides an abstraction for the application objects being secured. As a result of this abstraction, the application does need database tables and code to manage security relationships, or provide custom implementations of various framework interfaces.
Not even a company like Apple is immune from website crashes (Apple’s new iPhone 6 crashed its website and live-stream, for example.) The best way to avoid this scenario and to bulletproof your web performance is to be smart, anticipate what may happen, and to employ the right combination of preparation and execution. Read on to learn...
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- What is Google's Solve for X? (06 Mar 2015) Learn about the Google initiative, Solve for X, in this podcast with Barry Burd.
- What we can expect from Hibernate OGM and data persistence in 2015 (09 Mar 2015) Emmanuel Bernard discusses the Hibernate OGM project and how it has progressed since it was...
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...