Apple’s new iOS8 is being hailed as one of the most significant operating system releases ever as it comes with even more applications and features than any other Apple operating system to date. That being said, this new release means testers and QA managers need to be on their A game when it comes to testing mobile applications. To help you we have compiled a list of suggestions about testing...
It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
The genesis of this series is the identification of a gap between how development and how operations view technology and measure their success – realizing it is wholly possible for development and operations to be individually successful, but for the organization to fail. This article starts a two-part installment that reviews the operational impact of specific decisions made when building a...
Lambda expressions pose a slightly different challenge when unit testing code. Because they don’t have a name, it’s impossible to directly call them in your test code. This article covers a couple of testing strategies for when you want to use lambda expressions and the streams API.
Inspired from a heated discussion at one of our clients and somewhat related to our last post about test transactionality is the consideration about whether one can and should test the basic object relational mapping at all.
Know MongoDB and Java EE, but you don't know exactly how to integrate both of them? Do you read a lot about the topic but you have not found a solution which fits this purpose? This starter project is for you
If a non-developer asked you, “What is Java?”, how would you respond? The Java ecosystem is vast and comprehensive, from multiple JVM implementations to numerous standards and community efforts to educate and build the most stable and performant programming language platform there is. So if anyone ever asks, this report gives an overview of who’s leading the effort, how can you help and what...
A practical advice on how to handle different personalities on the software development team that grow the legacy code if left without attention.
AngularJS is pretty cool. But if you're an enterprise software developer, you know it's not as cool as JavaServer Faces (JSF). But could we combine the benefits of JSF with Angular JSF and come up with a hideous progeny?
Have you ever found yourself in a testing time-crunch? You know the situation... the development team was late delivering code, but your CEO adamantly opposes any change in the release date. All you’re told is: whatever it takes, get that application tested as quickly as possible. So what are the best practices when it comes to load testing in a hurry? What should you focus on in a time...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...