The new version of the CUBA platform has been released, bringing in several major new features, along with some improvements and bug fixes.
eveloped under the umbrella of JEP 254, much like the very best Ikea furniture, compact strings will allow developers to adopt a more space-efficient internal representation for strings. It’s hoped that this will improve the space efficiency of String and related classes, maintain performance for the most part, and preserve full compatibility for related Java and native interfaces. This feature...
In the last years Apache Maven has become the de-facto build tool for Java and Java EE projects. But from two years back Gradle is gaining more and more users. Following my previous post (http://www.lordofthejars.com/2015/10/gradle-and-java-ee.html), In this post you are going to see how to use Gradle for writing integration tests for Java EE using Arquillian.
Read on for fifteen rock-solid reasons why developers prefer to learn and use AngularJS.
How Java 8 lambdas and streams perform compared to longstanding implementations?
Leveraging Spring MVC controller with ZK UI components (MVVM way) to develop a Book management system with CRUD operations in Java
Learn how to use the Spring RestTemplate to consume an API using all the main HTTP Verbs.
Discovering CUBA's generic filter feature removes the burden from developers of developing home-grown filter implementations that are often not flexible enough. Read about the filter possibilities that come with CUBA out of the box.
I wrote up the reasons WHY we decided to give away Dynatrace AppMon & UEM for FREE for developers, testers and architects. Its time to eliminate these well known architectural, scalability and performance issues earlier than we do it now. If you are not yet using tools in that space in your dev environment - such as AppD, NewRelic, Ruxit or other profiling tools then you have a new option to...
Performance, Profiling, Monitoring, Continuous Delivery, Build Automation, Coding like James Gosling ... -> Topics discussed at JavaOne and Java South Africa in the recent weeks. I collected the highlights on these two conferences in my blogs.
JSON vs. XML? This comparison makes no sense, because the former is a simple data format while the latter is a language - a very powerful one.
How to customize Slack to enhance your development workflow using integrations and bots
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...