JVM is adaptive in several regards. This post will take a look into adaptive heap sizing in action - through a small test case we see how the Eden and Survivor sizes are resized dynamically to prevent premature promotion to Tenured.
This article is the second part of a two-part installment on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the impact of SOA on operations and DevOps. This installment reviews the other leading SOA technology: REpresentational State Transfer (REST). SOAP and REST behave differently and have their own management challenges and this article will help you better understand those differences and...
Memory Leaks, bad coding, High CPU Usage, Stuck Threads, Problematic Database calls ...? Follow my How To Guide on how to find these top performance problems in your Java, .NET, PHP or Mobile App with the latest Dynatrace 6.1 Beta. We give you 30 Day Free Trial with an option to lifetime free when you give us some feedback!
Explore how Jisgaw modules are defined, and discover their benefits.
DevOps is no longer considered a fad by those working with the latest development tools. Now, DevOps emphasizes people and processes as much as the cool tools, and there are many different approaches to bringing them together.
Ever notice how software development projects seem to slow down when you add more people? It’s probably one of the only manufacturing disciplines where adding people and layers of project management makes it more difficult to estimate the timeline and quality of the final output. Whether you are a small team in the throes of scaling, or a larger team looking to overhaul your development...
In this article we take a look at what is a lambda expression in Java 8.
The complete guide for using jstack to debug live production servers
My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Cloud computing and AWS form perfect test beds for the risk averse (25 Mar 2015) Risk aversion is a cornerstone of the enterprise computing community. Do no harm is philosophy that...
- Rethink your tooling: How to make the DevOps promise a reality (23 Mar 2015) Many organizations have struggled with breaking down the wall between development and operations....
- Improving software quality in every application lifecycle management (ALM) stage (23 Mar 2015) Development lifecycles have become tremendously compressed, which means many stages of the...
- Will ObjectLayout's StructuredArrays finally solve the Java performance problem? (18 Mar 2015) Java performance has greatly improved over the years, but getting true, linear scalability has...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...