Here’s the thing: as sure as we’ll have another record-setting year for NFL streaming, you can also be sure that apps will fail and streaming services will go down. Whether you are dabbling in streaming or diving in whole-hog, you need to know what to do to give your users the most reliable experience possible. Here are a few tips.
In this post we're going to look at deploying Play applications written in Scala effortlessly to AWS using Boxfuse and its 3 core principles: Immutable Infrastructure, Minimal Images and Blue/Green deployments.
A quick guide to interacting with GridFS using Spring Data MongoDB.
We just had our big conference blow-out in North America with JavaOne 2015, but not to be outdone by the Europeans, Devoxx 2015 is hitting new highs and expanding beyond their britches.
As a growing startup that provides a SaaS platform to automate B2B sales lead management and social selling at scale, ProLeads has been pressed to deliver more valuable features while we cut our server hosting costs. Our top two priorities have been (1) ensuring zero downtime in production, and (2) pushing changes to production seamlessly and instantly.
We make the most expensive mistakes in our specifications for requirements, because they are very difficult to correct.
Raising up developert productivity through focus is what is done by the CUBA platform.
In this tutorial the topic of how to connect a Dropwizard application to Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) will be discussed. The tutorial begins with making changes to configuration files and then goes on to brief introduction to Hibernate ORM and finally a database-backed resource class to expose employee directory is created.
The basics of XpoLog Analytics, how to auto detect new errors, exceptions and bugs in log4j logs, and discover unknown messages.
Added Support for Multi-tenancy, Email API and Tag, Improvements for the support of secure HTTPs, Monitoring API and Service, Dialogic XMS Integration
First article in a series looking at effective ways of controlling concurrent code execution using techniques such as quality of service (QoS), adaptive control valves, circuit breakers and back-pressure as promoted by proponents of reactive programming.
What did we learn about the future of the Java platform at JavaOne 2015? Well, there were a number of things, all of which are summed up here. Okay, maybe it's not all of them, but it is a good chunk of them. Let us know if there's anything we missed.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...