Gurock just released TestRail 3.0, a new version of their test management tool for development teams. The release introduces all-new reporting, a redesigned API and better bug tracker integration for tools such as JIRA, OnTime and Rally.
In this latest report, we look at results from a survey on IT Events, where we find out what attendees really want from technology events, what exhibitors should know before sponsoring, and what to consider when it comes to ROI during IT Events. We review 11 well-known Java / IT events and make recommendations for startup companies (or anyone, really).
Flyway, the agile database migration framework for Java, just released version 2.2. Highlights of this release include a new Gradle Plugin and SQL Azure support.
The growth of the cloud computing and cloud based applications over the last few years has spurred renewed interest in multi-tenancy architectures with companies such as IBM actively researching ways of bringing multi-tenancy to the JVM in the cloud in which an application (and its context) serves as a tenant within a shared JVM runtime. Other companies today are also exploring ways to “innovate”...
MBaaS stands for (Mobile Backend As a Service) Platform. This Q&A session compares the usage of an Open Source MBaaS solution vs a Cloud based MBaaS Solution
Code generation based on a "Database First" approach with an Eclipse plugin
When we think of using a open source software as the critical component of the application, both managers and architects may have many FUDs. This write up tries to analyse some of those FUDs.
From the ZeroTurnaround office in Tallinn, Estonia (where it's currently light out 20 hours a day), comes a three-part series on λ-calculus in Scala, complete with code examples and some [reasonable] evidence for why, as developers, you might want to learn more...
How you can use your CI Setup to test Java 8.
In a recent OTN article, JMS 2 specification lead Nigel Deakin covers the JMS 2 ease-of-use changes in detail. The article is the first of a two part series on JMS 2.
Traits are the Scala implementation of mixins. Without having to inherit from multiple parents, a class can re-use functionalities coming from more than a single class.
Have you ever stood in front of a piece of code and wondered why it behaves the way it does. And wished you had the information about the possible locations from which this method was invocated. Back in the old times it might have been easy – static code analysis could have given you the answer. But nowadays when we have reflection and bytecode modification tooling at hand the answer is often not...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.