When I joined the industry 10 years ago, my first project used relational database. After that, my next project also used relational database. And as you may guess, my next next projects also used relational database. This went on for so long that I almost forgot that table is just one format to store data. I only found myself interested in other kind of databases 4 years ago when my company...
Most unit tests require mocks, stubs, and the preparation of some other structures before a test can be initiated; here is how I recommend you do that
If you use Kibana as part of the ELK stack or for any other reason, do you think it's wise to upgrade to Kibana 4? We at Logz.io tested the new version, and here are the good features that we found. We'd love to hear what you think about the latest version too!
Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized and fastest selling personal computer. In this article, we'll install and configure Oracle Java ME Embedded on a Raspberry Pi.
In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production.
A step by step tutorial showing you how to install and use Scene Builder to create a JavaFX GUI.
Java has come a long way since it was introduced in mid-1995. Its cross-platform characteristics have made it the benchmark when it comes to client-side web programming. But with cybercrime and hackings reaching epidemic levels due to its widespread usage and distribution, the need for secure Java development has become the call of the hour.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
For all of us companies out there at the whim of Google, we wanted to go into a bit more detail about how Mobilegeddon will affect web products, web apps, and the performance testers behind them all.
Java 8 introduced a type Optional
, which can be used to handle potentially missing values. It does so by wrapping a reference (which might be null) and providing some nice methods to interact with the value in case it’s present. To some, Optional is not more than that (see here, here and for lots of others here). In my opinion, they are missing the crucial point: Optional provides a way...
MappedBus is a Java based high throughput, low latency message bus, built on top of a memory mapped file
Did you know that Java performance degrades drastically if you have about 2.5M unloaded classes? happened to us during constant high load after our XSLT library created millions of these classes. 2.5M seems to be the breaking point. Any experts out there that can comment?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...