Hadoop Eclipse plug-in (installed in Eclipse IDE or Spring Tool Suite) eases the experience of Map/Reduce on Hadoop. Hadoop distribution does not include Hadoop Eclipse plug-in jar, but includes source code of that plug-in. In this post, we'll see all the steps to build Hadoop eclipse plug-in from source code and install that plug-in in Eclipse / Spring Tool Suite to access Hadoop Environment...
NetBeans IDE 7.4 lets you work with JDK 8 previews, integrate HTML5 into Java EE applications, develop mobile applications with Apache Cordova, and deploy to mobile devices!
80% of the problems that result in a war room are caused by about 20% of problem patterns - most of them related with performance or architectural issues of the application, deployment or infrastructure. In this blog we discuss the best practices from companies that changed their culture by adopting continuous delivery and DevOps ideas with a special focus on performance. Connecting the Teams,...
Is your Java Virtual Machine running un-monitored? If so, how do you find out if it's gone down? From the helpdesk perhaps? That's certainly no way to administer a server.
X-Trace is a diagnostic tool designed to provide app and network operators with better visibility. Learn how it works and about some existing implementations.
I'm pleased to announce a new podcast on JSFCentral.com. In this interview, I talk with JSF Spec Lead Ed Burns about JSF 2.2 and Java EE 7.
The ABOUT tool and ABOUT files provide a simple way to document the provenance (origin and license) and other important or interesting information about third-party software components that you use in your project.
To runs a system that turns people's homes and apartments into hotel rooms, Onefinestay CTO Jackson Hull and team went with a graph database called Neo4J to better map its inventory for guests. "J" stands for Java, but the team relied largely on Python.
People love Eclipse, or love to hate it, or, as non-geek coders, feel more or less indifferent about their IDE. However one thing is true--the majority of Java and Java EE developers use Eclipse. This RebelLabs report starts shallow and goes deep into orbit around the ecosystem of Eclipse, showing you the best things that Eclipse has to offer, and letting you know how to turn off some of those...
An article that draws parallels between the Theory of Mind (ToM) and Software Execution Simulation and Signaling.
Organizations don’t like to leave their legacy system easily as there are several concerns for moving into a new platform. Latest technologies may have the features to improve their operational efficiency, but moving from one platform to another is not as simple as it seems from the top.
Most Java developers already have the skills needed to get into building machine-to-machine(M2M)applications and take advantage of career opportunities in the Internet of Things.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Hewlett-Packard Company
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.