A few decades after its birth, the Internet has exploded and now it has taken over the world. Because of this, web programming is become more prevalent by the day. For this reason, we have compiled a list of great articles from our fellow Geeks at Web Code Geeks.
This article goes further into MongoDB and reviews replication, sharding, and deployment topology, and provides recommendations about how you can address each.
Introducing a new approach: apply the power of Spring MVC to communicate with ZK UI framework seamlessly between client and server channels
Here’s the thing: as sure as we’ll have another record-setting year for NFL streaming, you can also be sure that apps will fail and streaming services will go down. Whether you are dabbling in streaming or diving in whole-hog, you need to know what to do to give your users the most reliable experience possible. Here are a few tips.
In this post we're going to look at deploying Play applications written in Scala effortlessly to AWS using Boxfuse and its 3 core principles: Immutable Infrastructure, Minimal Images and Blue/Green deployments.
A quick guide to interacting with GridFS using Spring Data MongoDB.
We just had our big conference blow-out in North America with JavaOne 2015, but not to be outdone by the Europeans, Devoxx 2015 is hitting new highs and expanding beyond their britches.
As a growing startup that provides a SaaS platform to automate B2B sales lead management and social selling at scale, ProLeads has been pressed to deliver more valuable features while we cut our server hosting costs. Our top two priorities have been (1) ensuring zero downtime in production, and (2) pushing changes to production seamlessly and instantly.
We make the most expensive mistakes in our specifications for requirements, because they are very difficult to correct.
Raising up developert productivity through focus is what is done by the CUBA platform.
In this tutorial the topic of how to connect a Dropwizard application to Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) will be discussed. The tutorial begins with making changes to configuration files and then goes on to brief introduction to Hibernate ORM and finally a database-backed resource class to expose employee directory is created.
The basics of XpoLog Analytics, how to auto detect new errors, exceptions and bugs in log4j logs, and discover unknown messages.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...