"Over the last twelve months we have transformed the company" said Cormier, promising that the various products and tools to be released and promoted this June would be ones that "define the next generation of computing." But before explaining the details of Red Hat's transformation over the past twelve months, Cormier felt the need to explain how his company had evolved over the past twelve...
Builder design pattern is a creational pattern like Factory pattern but has a very specific use case. You should be using Builder pattern, when you are creating object with too many optional and some mandatory properties in Java.
Get started today learning to use and being productive with the Java EE 7 Platform via the newly released NetBeans IDE 7.3.1.
Ten hot tips to boost your day to day productivity!
In this two-part series, I’ll walk through generating load using the Python multi-mechanize load-testing framework, then collect and analyze data about app performance.
Elasticsearch is a flexible and powerful open source, distributed real-time search and analytics engine. Asciidoctor is a pure Ruby processor for converting AsciiDoc source files and strings into HTML 5, DocBook 4.5 and other formats. In this post we are going to see how we can use Elasticsearch over AsciiDoc documents to make them searchable by their header information or by their content.
Sometimes when you are writing some code that needs communication with external systems, not necessarily by using a socket, for example it can be using a serial port, we may need a way to implement a timeout algorithm, so if after some specified time, the request does not return a result, a timeout error should be thrown so user can act in consequence, and not wait indefinitely for a result that...
We apply adaptive control to Apache Cassandra for more effective management of request workloads resulting in improved response time and throughput.
Oracle requires support license to patch Java time zones
Looks at how a performance model changes depending on the load ramp-up (fast or slow) and the use of adaptive measurement thresholds.
During a recent production load test we identified CPU exhaustion being our main hotspot preventing us from scaling to the number of visitors we wanted to support. In this blog we want to show you how we brought Ops and Dev on a single table to analyze the data and define action items in order to improve performance and scalability in both the Application as well as in the Infrastructure
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
- Do you need APIs if you've embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.