After an application crash, we know how important it is to figure out what went wrong and plan so it doesn’t happen again. In this post, we’ll look at some common causes of major website crashes, along with preventive measures you can take to avoid them in the future. With this extra knowledge under your belt, you’ll be prepared when disaster strikes.
JAXB is a 10-year-old anti-pattern that encourages Java developers to turn their objects into dumb, passive data structures
This is the first of a two part series describing our solution to building Angular apps with a Parse.com backend.
Concurrency is hard. It becomes even harder when the lock contention issues are hidden deep into the standard libraries used as building blocks for regular applications. This post is opening up one particularly common issue where java.util.Random usage is affecting the application performance.
In this article we take a look at the top 11 Free IDE's for Java Coding, Development & Programming.
One of AngularJS advantages is the simplicity it provides for validating forms. Today’s example demonstrates a simple way to implement client-side validation using the AngularJS form properties.
A second release candidate of the open source OACC Java™ Application Security Framework (OACC v2.0.0-rc.2) was released on March 23, 2015 and is available for download at oaccframework.org
Java Mission Control and Java Flight Recorder Hands-On Guide
Couchbase has reimagined and redefined the way enterprises scale a distributed database with Multi-Dimensional Scaling. It's the option to separate, isolate, and scale individual database services - query, index, and data - to improve performance and resource utilization.
The most common Jackson exceptions - the cause of the problem and the solution for each one.
Docker was voted one of the most popular open source projects in a survey conducted by The New Stack and The Linux Foundation during July 2014. This ever growing popularity of Docker’s container technology has brought over 14,000 different images to be offered on Docker Hub in September 2014. As a commercial feature, Docker private registries can provide enterprises with access control to their...
Takes is a pure object-oriented and immutable Java web framework that turns the design and development of web applications into a pleasant and fun process
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...