At the heart of every location-based application is positioning and Geolocation. In this tutorial you will learn the Geolocation capabilities of HTML5. The API provides a method to locate the user’s more or less exact position. This is useful in a number of ways ranging from providing a user with location specific information to providing route navigation.
A 5 minute tutorial explaining what Repeating Annotation are, how they work and how you can use them.
by Trevor Parsons of Logentries
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
Salesforce founder and CEO Mark Benioff sounded off on diversity and giving back at the Lesbians Who Tech Summit in San Francisco last week. You can catch the whole conference online.
The new JSR 371 MVC 1.0 specification is coming. This specification will bring us an alternative way to apply MVC to the Java EE ecosystem in action-based manner.
It’s inevitable that web application problems are going to happen. But problems can come from anywhere, and sometimes you just need to know where to look. So we decided to put together a short guide on some of the most common performance issues you’ll encounter.
How to get a production ready Java application off the ground in the shortest time possible?
Alachisoft recently announced that NCache will now be licensed under the Apache 2.0 Open Source licence, bringing open source, distributed caching to the .NET community (and of course, to the Java community as well)
If we had to pick just one programming language that you should care about, it’d have to be dear old Java. In 2015, 20 years since its first release, we have multiple reasons as to why Java has managed to outperform many languages, on and off the JVM, and how it has become the most used cross-platform development tool, language and ecosystem. In this report, we take a look at the top 10...
Recently, we were invited to conduct a joint talk with a UX designer, Andrew from Viki on Improving communications between Design and Development for Singasug. The main focus of the talk was to introduce AngularJS and elaborate on how it help to improve collaboration between developers and designer from both sides of view. To illustrate the topic, we work together on revamping the Pet Clinic...
A decorator pattern, while being the best instrument to keep objects highly cohesive, solid, and loosely coupled, is unfortunately not very popular in traditional Java programming
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...