Benchmarking Java with the OpenJDK code tools: The Java Microbenchmarking Harness
Defining and Editing log4j Patterns in SysLog for more Refined Data Parsing
Chatbot is a perfect alternative to a traditional user interface when dealing with a microservice and professional users.
Communication, collaboration and integration are the three main principles of the ever-growing, modern approach to software delivery known as “DevOps.”
The diversity of streaming media formats and performance metrics may leave QA teams wondering how to accurately test and measure the quality of the end user experience. Today, I’ll discuss some of the main differences between progressive downloads and adaptive bitrate streaming in terms of load and performance testing and explore the ways in which your organization can realistically test and...
Planning your load test doesn’t have to take tons of time if you approach it the right way and if you set yourself up for success from the start. Follow this advice and all will end well.
Checked InterruptedException in Java is a constant source of pain for many of us; here is my understanding of how it should be handled.
Discusses an often over looked blindspot in the performance analysis of event stream based systems such as trading and gaming.
Today more than ever, speed plays a larger role in the software development lifecycle. We see R&D teams who want to push code faster to production environments with rising complexity, and this amplifies a vulnerability that must be addressed
With JavaOne 2015 in full swing we take a look at a summary of what happened at the JavaOne Keynote 2015.
The time between Java 6 and Java 7 releases has made many organizations complacent in terms of upgrading their JDK. But for many, it's time to stop complaining about problems that have been fixed in newer releases and actually move to a newer edition of the JDK.
In this article we are going to look into the general problem of managing data in distributed architectures, briefly discuss the traditional relational database management systems and then switch our gears to NoSQL / NewSQL solutions.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...