Concurrent Adders are a new set of classes used in Java 8. As people have been managing concurrent counters since the dawn of multi-core architectures, we'll see what are some of the options Java offered up until now, and how they perform compared to this new API
Spring XD offers a unified, distributed, and extensible system for data ingestion, real time analytics, batch processing, and data export for Hadoop. XD is built on Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data + Spring Hadoop, and inherits all their proven capability, including portability across major distributions like Apache, Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
Boot removes tedious boilerplate Java code for about 80% of cases, and encourages small, simply focused services that are ideal for cloud / PaaS deployments. Boot provides as much as possible out of the box for your app in production (metrics, JMX, CraSHd shell integration, easy security, etc.) so that getting the code right is the only responsibility you care about.
The industry’s jargon can be hard to decipher at times, especially when trying to explain these buzzwords to fellow co-workers within your organization who don’t really have a clue what you are talking about. Buzzwords are unavoidable, however there needs to be a clear understanding of what a buzzword is and the testing buzzwords you should know. Read on to see the answer.
In this article I will show you how to create your own simple java web service and how to test it using Glassfish 4.0.
With Java 8, lambdas were introduced to the Java language; but at a bytecode level, nothing changed! We’re still utilizing the existing invokedynamic functionality added in Java 7. So does this mean we can run lambdas on Java 7?
Static code analysis is a great and cheap way to improve the quality of your code in a sustainable way. But what if you'd look at this part like it was about building future-proof unit tests - whenever you find a code bug you add something that makes sure that this type of bug never appears again - in any of your projects?
At Big Data Techcon 2014, Cloudera’s Jonathan Steidman explained how Hadoop could help the enterprise expand its data infrastructure and access better business intelligence.
New releases of Satoris, Simz and Stenos that now replicate both execution behavior as well as contextual data across time and space.
One of the key new features introduced in Java 8 is parallel array operations. How fast is this thing, and when should I use it?
The humble log has largely been thought of as a data source that is there “just in case” there is a problem. Generally logs have only ever been accessible by the chosen few, who sit in the engine room of the system looking at at log events flying past all day long. However, there is a wealth of information contained in your log data which is useful for use cases beyond debugging or security. Find...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.