We went through the statistics of 823 different Java installations out there using our performance monitoring tool and aggregated the information into interesting stats about the current Java infrastructure landscape.
In a recent webinar, Neotys Performance Specialist Henrik Rexed answered questions about load and performance testing as it relates to Agile. You will learn the background of performance testing and Agile, challenges that arise in testing application performance in an Agile environment, best practices and automation tips: http://www.neotys.com/blog/load-testing-speed-agile-qa-henrik-rexed/
An article looking at how simulation could have a huge impact on how we design, develop, test, deploy, monitor and manage software services.
It is once again PrimeTime! PrimeTek and PrimeFaces Team is pleased to announce the next generation of PrimeFaces as known as PF5. After months of hard work and dedication, PF5 is available to the Java EE community as a fully features community release with Apache License.
How do you create web apps that can be deployed to any vendor's servlet container? First, you drop container-managed security.
Dashboards using log data have an important property that does not exist when creating dashboards with many other approaches - i.e. your logs maintain the evidence! This means that if there is a spike in the number of signups or an increase in your customers’ using a particular feature, you can quickly validate what caused that change. Validating your data is something that can be particularly...
ZK Charts is a comprehensive set of interactive charts providing a complete set of Java APIs that makes visualization of your data exceptionally easy. ZK Charts also works with ZK's MVC and MVVM patterns to boost development productivity.
Whilst certain popularity stats may have you believe the language is tottering towards its dotage, a little probing reveals that things are very much alive beneath the surface.
Embedded technology takes a step forward with speedier, secure and scalable Java ME update.
Java 8 has a lot of new features - some are powerful new classes and idioms, while others are just things which should have been there from the get-go. Here are ten little gems definitely worth knowing about
Updates pivoted towards Oracle's platform update, along with a series of feature tweaks.
Linux engineer devises ingenious DIY 'PiPhone', powered by the humble single cell computer and basic electronics.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help developers make...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Choosing the right log aggreatator to mine your performance data (15 Oct 2014) To maintain and improve an existing system, being able to read and understand log files is an...
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Glassfish community thrives; innovations update (27 Oct 2014) Expert Steve Millidge discusses how Oracle no longer supports Glassfish app server and looks at...
- Java pro digs into trends in IoT, mobile, Java 9 (24 Oct 2014) Java expert Barry Burd discusses trends in Java 9, mobile development and IoT at JavaOne 2014.
- What matters most in micro-services, REST and NoSQL? (23 Oct 2014) Jeff Genender discusses REST, NoSQL and how micro-services are changing how people are doing...
- Can Microsoft Azure and push notifcations raise Minecraft to new heights? (20 Oct 2014) Many are worried about Microsoft's acquisition of Minecraft, but with their Azure cloud and...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.