This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
Read about our favorite continuous delivery tools which help manage the development cycle.
Here's a quick look at some of the insights TheServerSide has gathered by the flock of Java professionals who attended JavaOne 2015.
Throughput and Response Time by speed category. These are key metrics that everyone can easily grab and chart. The benefit is that these basic metrics tell you a lot about your app performance and behavior. Check out my sample from a Hybris eCommerce installation. Its simply and easy
In this post we have created a concise, simple enough for beginers, tutorial, that explains the whole process of creating a simple web app, including the frontend, the backend, and most importantly, the ways that someone can use to interact with both of them. What we want to achieve by this post here, is to guide through the whole process of creating a complete “toy” web application.
Apple’s new iOS8 is being hailed as one of the most significant operating system releases ever as it comes with even more applications and features than any other Apple operating system to date. That being said, this new release means testers and QA managers need to be on their A game when it comes to testing mobile applications. To help you we have compiled a list of suggestions about testing...
It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
The genesis of this series is the identification of a gap between how development and how operations view technology and measure their success – realizing it is wholly possible for development and operations to be individually successful, but for the organization to fail. This article starts a two-part installment that reviews the operational impact of specific decisions made when building a...
Lambda expressions pose a slightly different challenge when unit testing code. Because they don’t have a name, it’s impossible to directly call them in your test code. This article covers a couple of testing strategies for when you want to use lambda expressions and the streams API.
Inspired from a heated discussion at one of our clients and somewhat related to our last post about test transactionality is the consideration about whether one can and should test the basic object relational mapping at all.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Cloud computing and AWS form perfect test beds for the risk averse (25 Mar 2015) Risk aversion is a cornerstone of the enterprise computing community. Do no harm is philosophy that...
- Rethink your tooling: How to make the DevOps promise a reality (23 Mar 2015) Many organizations have struggled with breaking down the wall between development and operations....
- Improving software quality in every application lifecycle management (ALM) stage (23 Mar 2015) Development lifecycles have become tremendously compressed, which means many stages of the...
- Will ObjectLayout's StructuredArrays finally solve the Java performance problem? (18 Mar 2015) Java performance has greatly improved over the years, but getting true, linear scalability has...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...