Whilst certain popularity stats may have you believe the language is tottering towards its dotage, a little probing reveals that things are very much alive beneath the surface.
Embedded technology takes a step forward with speedier, secure and scalable Java ME update.
Java 8 has a lot of new features - some are powerful new classes and idioms, while others are just things which should have been there from the get-go. Here are ten little gems definitely worth knowing about
Updates pivoted towards Oracle's platform update, along with a series of feature tweaks.
Linux engineer devises ingenious DIY 'PiPhone', powered by the humble single cell computer and basic electronics.
We've mostly focused on the sweet new additions to Java 8 - but there are two sides to every release. Lukas Eder delves into the murkier side of the update.
Apache Hadoop Development Tools (HDT) is still in development phase. So, no official distribution of Hadoop 2.2.0 Eclipse Plugin is available now. But we can build the same using winghc/hadoop2x-eclipse-plugin. In this post, we'll build, install and configure the plugin with the Eclipse or any Eclipse based IDE (say, Spring Tool Suite) to ease the development activities using Hadoop framework.
Interfaces are one of the core design concepts of Object Oriented Design. They are used for multiple reasons, like enabling multiple implementations of specific interfaces. In this post, I'll dive into how these are used in Java 6 and 7, how they apply to Cloudify, and what's coming with Java 8.
Are you attempting load and performance testing in an Agile environment but find yourself asking, “Am I doing this right?” To help you out, we have collected answers to common questions from our performance guru Steve Weisfeldt. Read on to learn what he knows: http://www.neotys.com/blog/load-testing-speed-agile-qa-with-steve-weisfeldt/
Transcending Code, Containers and The Cloud with Simulation
Concurrent Adders are a new set of classes used in Java 8. As people have been managing concurrent counters since the dawn of multi-core architectures, we'll see what are some of the options Java offered up until now, and how they perform compared to this new API
Spring XD offers a unified, distributed, and extensible system for data ingestion, real time analytics, batch processing, and data export for Hadoop. XD is built on Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data + Spring Hadoop, and inherits all their proven capability, including portability across major distributions like Apache, Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java EE 8 adoption outpace previous releases? (17 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, Barry Burd discussed how and why he's predicting a fast adoption of Java EE 8.
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.