The aim of this example is to show how to use and style different date and time components. Date and time components are new elements added on HTML5 and not all browsers support it (i.e mozilla firefox). We take these elements in consideration because they represent input elements of html and thus we get get data from the user.
Apache Maven Guide for Beginners and Intermediate Developers.
Anyone who has worked with Play Framework will tell you that it's fast. In fact, Play does all it can to wring every last drop of performance out of the JVM. The big question is how, and why, is Play able to be so fast?
In a properly designed class, there can only be one primary constructor and any number of secondary ones.
An article that looks at what it means to be static, dynamic, adaptive and simulated in the tracing of software execution.
JSON.simple vs GSON vs Jackson vs JSON
As developers, we all love shiny new things. New technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), new languages (Golang, NodeJS), new hyped conversation starters (Microservices, DevOps, Cloud). And everyone seems to have an opinion about why you should do this architecture, or why you should use that language. At the end of the day, your employer is expecting you to deliver using a means to an end, but what is...
Have you thought about the architecture that would be required to automate the developer workspace lifecycle? One of the goals of Eclipse Che is to provide projects that are ready to edit, build and run without a developer installing tools or dependencies.
What if mobile apps had personality types? Could you tell what kind of personality your app would have? Mobile apps can generally be classified in three ways: native apps, mobile web apps, and hybrid apps. Let’s see what happens if we try to match those app types to personality types.
When I joined the industry 10 years ago, my first project used relational database. After that, my next project also used relational database. And as you may guess, my next next projects also used relational database. This went on for so long that I almost forgot that table is just one format to store data. I only found myself interested in other kind of databases 4 years ago when my company...
Most unit tests require mocks, stubs, and the preparation of some other structures before a test can be initiated; here is how I recommend you do that
If you use Kibana as part of the ELK stack or for any other reason, do you think it's wise to upgrade to Kibana 4? We at Logz.io tested the new version, and here are the good features that we found. We'd love to hear what you think about the latest version too!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.
- Hortonworks optimizes Apache Hadoop performance (27 Aug 2015) Hortonworks has recently introduced new products to help enhance Apache Hadoop performance.
- JShell: The new Java 9 REPL (26 Aug 2015) Don't miss an opportunity to take JShell, the new Java 9 REPL, for a test drive. An expert shares...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...