So, your boss asked you to estimate a new feature. You talked a bit about that feature with your teammates. Then came silence. And a brain strain. But after a while you finally came up with your estimate of "ahem…1..to…2..days". Wrong Buzzer Sound. Oops, wrong (again)! Turned out it took you almost a whole week to implement. What went wrong? And what goes wrong in general when developers...
It's a very common misconception that good programmers write code that's always bug-free. However, I think I agree with it.
CUBA Platform is the way of rapid enterprise software development
Logentries offers a variety of ways to get logs out of your containerized environment, including our Linux Agent, application plugin libraries, and Syslog. In this post we’ll cover collecting and forwarding logs via our Docker Logentries Container, which requires Docker 1.5 or higher.
The second part in a series of articles on microbenchmarking Apache Spark. This time we refine the performance model using dynamic and contextual measurement filtering.
What are the most exciting features that are expected to be released in Java 9?
How to use Jackson to break the infinite recursion problem on bidirectional relationships.
In this example, we aim to have a closer look at slideshows with HTML5. Slideshows are a good way to present a set of images within a part of the website. HTML5 doesn’t have a native tag or set of tags to make a slideshow, but you can achieve it using other provided tags.
This RebelLabs report covers typical Java performance considerations, monitoring and application performance management tools, Java profilers, and common performance testing libraries. We all know that there is no silver bullet in solving performance problems, and you have to choose your tools depending on the needs of your project. So, how do you decide which performance tools are most...
If you were to position ‘microservice architectures’ on the Gartner Hype Cycle, right now, judging from the drip-feed of cautionary articles making the rounds, they’d probably be poised near the summit of the trough of disillusionment. Today we spoke to Mark Little, who was in London to lead Red Hat’s Microservices Architecture Developer Day, for a best-practice flavoured opinion. What the...
The slides behind some some of the best talks at Scala Days
It’s time for a developer workspace cloud that you control. For free.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.