Our WhatIs site asked me to help with a definition of IoC and DI. I've always disliked the terms, especially IoC, because it was never clear to me what the inversion was. Here's my attempt to define these terms. Tell me what's wrong.
This series of articles begins with an overview of the different Big Data providers and the problems that each is intended to solve and then presents an overview of each of the major Big Data solutions, their problem domains, and a cursory look at the operational requirements to manage each.
Moving your existing architecture to MicroServices? Don't make the mistake of blindly drawing service boundaries. It requires serious re-architectural effort. Here is an example of a failed migration!
On the face of it, Vaadin—and GWT in general—has a lot in common with DukeScript. Both are focused on providing browser-oriented solutions for Java developers and have good integration with IDEs, thanks to their native support for Maven.
Visualize all log events and exceptions in production directly from your JVMs – Send as metrics into more than 20 graphing and alerting tools
At Logentries, we feel strongly about the power of log data and the unparalleled role that logs can play in effective end-to-end system monitoring. Yet we feel it also important to recognize how other monitoring approaches can further supplement a log monitoring solution to provide even greater, actionable insight into system performance. One such approach is Application Performance Management...
How to create robust and failure-resistant software - by making it fragile and fail fast, despite intuitive desire to make it fail safe.
How to make sense of your stack trace and solve errors faster
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security - using a token persisted in the database.
You can never be too careful. Security is on everyone’s mind. Not too long ago, we talked about how beefed up security impacts load testing and we want to continue the conversation. How do you keep yourself and your company safe in the age of industrial and state-sponsored hacking?Here are a few things you must know.
It is now possible to install a multi-node Codenvy On-Prem and Eclipse Che using Docker.
Although it might feel like you just got round to downloading 8u51, Oracle have just pushed out the latest update for Java – 8u60 – which is now available to download. Whilst this release is largely bug fixes, there have also been some tunings to Nashorn and changes in Deployment Rule Set v1.2.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.