Know MongoDB and Java EE, but you don't know exactly how to integrate both of them? Do you read a lot about the topic but you have not found a solution which fits this purpose? This starter project is for you
If a non-developer asked you, “What is Java?”, how would you respond? The Java ecosystem is vast and comprehensive, from multiple JVM implementations to numerous standards and community efforts to educate and build the most stable and performant programming language platform there is. So if anyone ever asks, this report gives an overview of who’s leading the effort, how can you help and what...
A practical advice on how to handle different personalities on the software development team that grow the legacy code if left without attention.
AngularJS is pretty cool. But if you're an enterprise software developer, you know it's not as cool as JavaServer Faces (JSF). But could we combine the benefits of JSF with Angular JSF and come up with a hideous progeny?
Have you ever found yourself in a testing time-crunch? You know the situation... the development team was late delivering code, but your CEO adamantly opposes any change in the release date. All you’re told is: whatever it takes, get that application tested as quickly as possible. So what are the best practices when it comes to load testing in a hurry? What should you focus on in a time...
A year ago I started to receive a lot links about blogposts, tweets, information about Spring Boot. Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that can you can "just run". And it seems that this thing has just revolutionized the Java world. But I wonder to myself if it is possible to use the same approach in JavaEE world and with the same low-level...
An overview of the modern error tracking tools for Java developers
This is a best practice blog from a belgium performance engineer who had to deal with a memory issue introduced with an update to a dependency injection library. Monitoring certain key memory metrics (GC Time, Time on CPU, # of Collections, ...) help to identify changed memory behavior.
Adding log analysis takes automated orchestration one step further. The result is more reliable infrastructure, with better issue response.
With explosive growth in the Enterprise Jenkins market, CloudBees is moving away from runtime PaaS hosting and focusing entirely on the development and integration side of software development.
This article continues a series that presents a view of the developer / operations gap from an architect / developer perspective, focusing specifically on scalability.
The JRebel 6 Beta is widely available and in this multi-part blog post series we explore common refactoring processes, why developers should do them, and how JRebel saves developer teams even more time each day by allowing them to view code changes instantly. We cover adding instance fields, adding interfaces, and even adding superclasses without having to rebuild & redeploy your application or...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Successfully managing software quality with growing, globally distributed teams (26 Mar 2015) Successfully managing a software project is always a challenge, but when a project grows into a...
- Cloud computing and AWS form perfect test beds for the risk averse (25 Mar 2015) Risk aversion is a cornerstone of the enterprise computing community. Do no harm is philosophy that...
- Rethink your tooling: How to make the DevOps promise a reality (23 Mar 2015) Many organizations have struggled with breaking down the wall between development and operations....
- Improving software quality in every application lifecycle management (ALM) stage (23 Mar 2015) Development lifecycles have become tremendously compressed, which means many stages of the...
- Will ObjectLayout's StructuredArrays finally solve the Java performance problem? (18 Mar 2015) Java performance has greatly improved over the years, but getting true, linear scalability has...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...