Earlier this year, RabbitMQ released its initial support for the JMS protocol. Pivotal engineer Greg Turnquist today shares sample code for anyone to use SpringJMS, JMS Template and RabbitMQ for messaging.
Introduces a new approach to distributed computation based on the replication of software execution behavior across one or more simulated runtimes.
Use this blog as a Guide to know which dashboards you need and which metrics to watch in order to make it through the holiday shopping season. The blog shows the best practices captured from eCommerce websites worldwide and how they use these dashboards to identify upcoming issues and how they measure success. Especially interesting this year is monitoring users on mobile devices as it is...
The Ujorm is an open source Java small library which provides non-traditional objects based on the key-value architecture to open up new exciting opportunities for writing efficient code
Have you ever wondered how a machine learning could be be beneficial for your application? In this case study we demonstrate how our last release improves our internal machine learning algorithms by crowdsourcing expert opinions.
There is no debating the fact that the Java language requires an update in order to keep up with all of the innovative advances various languages like Scala, Clojure and Groovy have brought to the JVM. Let's hope the changes being made to core language constructs to accommodate Lambda don't have unintended consequences that make the community look back and regret the changes Java 8 has made.
There was a simple demo and some additional talk about it at JavaOne 2012, but Google hits on the topic have been pretty nascent, and nobody in any of the Java IRC groups knew much about it. There was a nagging feeling that this very promising project was going to run out of steam, especially with so much effort at Oracle being expended on cloud computing, Project Lambda and the release of Java...
After more than three years of development, Ceylon is now feature-complete.
Explore the advantages of Real User Monitoring (RUM) vs. Synthetic Transaction Monitoring, and how the combination can be better than either alone.
It's too early to start talking about Java 9, you say? The sentiment is understandable, after all, the developer's preview of Java 8 still has a long way to go before it's certified for production. But having said that, the Java 8 feature list isn't changing, so if you want to start the debate about which completely new features should be added to the Java platform, what you're really talking...
Really? Do you really want to get up early, fight for a spot in the grand ballroom to hear executives deliver their PR massaged messages? Sleep in, skip the keynotes, and keep enough gas in the tank for the parties in the evening.
This year at JavaOne 2013 in San Francisco, an Internet of Things (IoT) demonstration promises to prove the value of machine-to-machine communication in daily life.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.