Providing daily play-by-play at Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga provides us with the Thursday highlights of the event, which sadly included the end of the Java Posse podcast.
Discover how "Stable Abstractions Principle" could help to improve the design.
A first hand experience and an introduction to Clojure at scale
The latest NetBeans community podcast was largely recorded at JavaOne and is packed with interviews of people in the Java community on what is happening in the world of coding and how we get more people into coding.
As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at this year's conference. As one might expect, the Java EE versus Spring debate never goes away, but that’s standard fare at any Java centric conference. This year’s Devoxx was about so much more, be it discussions on Docker or debates about the future of Java.
In this report we’re looking at the top 3 of the Java IDEs available on the market, and which Keyboard Shortcuts, Plugins and Observations can make you as awesome as your IDE is.
A secure Remember Me solution with Spring Security – using a token persisted in the database.
Couldn't make it to Devoxx 2014? Fortunately for you, we've got Geertjan Wielenga providing coverage of all of the important things that are going on this week in Antwerp.
Memory Leaks are still a major contributor of application problems and crashes. There are many tools out there that make finding memory leaks easier. This is a hands-on on how to do it with dynaTrace - using the Free Trial Edition.
In this article, Ernest gives a quick run-down of Java 8 Streams and how it works nicely together with Lambda Expressions.
While last year AngularJS was all the rage, it would appear that Docker is the new sweetheart on the tip of everyone's tongue at Devoxx 2014.
Are you using Struts? Then you should be aware of a well-known performance bug in Struts that causes high response time overhead due to a synchronized read access to config files which are re-parsed for every single request Struts is handling. If you have a lot of parallel requests your application is most likely spending most of its time in synchronization. Good news is that there is a fix...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Failing to integrate security with DevOps? Do so at your own peril (27 Apr 2015) Security is often considered as an afterthought in the software development lifecycle. But...
- Mobile development looks inwards as internal facing apps gain traction (23 Apr 2015) As enterprise moves forward to provide employees with the apps they need for maximum productivity,...
- Improve software quality by paying early attention to application security (21 Apr 2015) There are a number of strategies enterprises are taking to keep security on pace with faster...
- Who are the heroes of the tech world? (15 Apr 2015) TheServerSide has spoken with many up and coming stalwarts in the industry, and what we wanted to...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.