How do you decide whether to go with 32 or 64bit JVM? Do you also toss aHow do you decide whether to go with 32 or 64bit JVM? Do you also toss a coin to decide as a younger version of our experts did back in the days? Or can you now make an educated choice? coin to decide as a younger version of our experts did back in the days? Or can you now make an educated choice?
Exo IDE, an environment for coding, building, and debugging apps in the cloud, just revealed new features and partnerships, all designed to make developers and their teams more productive.
Swarovski transformed its approach to Application Performance Management (APM) from reactive firefighting to proactive prevention. It was a necessary transformation that wasn’t just adding a bunch of tools into the mix but building a Performance Center of Excellence. Learn about their new generation requirement for APM why they say that “APM is not just about software. APM is a culture, a mindset...
Are you using OpenShift and manage your build and deployment cycles with the Jenkins cartridge? Do you want to add Sonar into the mix so you can get valuable insights and orchestrate more complex build cycles? Why not installing Sonar in OpenShift?
Oracle is looking forward towards Java EE 7, and the big brains behind enterprise Java want your input on where they should be taking the specification. Want to have your opinions heard? Participating in the Java EE 7 Feedback Survey is a good place to start.
Vaadin Pro Account customers can use Chronon technology to record their problems and send them to Vaadin support for efficient diagnosis. With Chronon technology this can be made very securely without sending any company confidential source code outside company premises. With Chronon recordings Vaadin experts can solve customer problems very efficiently.
Expert Bill Claybrook guides readers through the world of mobile SaaS.
Developers need better ways to write and deploy code while helping IT with cost containment and better business unit support. CIOs are driven by key trends and economic factors. This article explains how the two overlap.
A very simple to use engine for Java developers is released.
Neither the real world nor response times of applications follow a normal distribution. Using Averages as statistical metric therefore paints a wrong picture about what is really going on. This leads to either a) being blind to real problems as significant outliers hide in the average or b) receiving too many false-positive alerts as the average doesn’t reflect the “norm”. In this blog we learn...
NetBeans users can now enjoy JRebel features already introduced for Eclipse and IntelliJ fans, such as JRebel Remoting and a new Configuration Wizard for easier set up.
One of the key questions an organization must grapple with when choosing to develop a mobile application is whether to take a browser based approach and develop using HTML5 or to create native applications that are targeted at specific operating systems. The idea of writing one application in HTML5 and then distributing it to a plethora of different device types is certainly appealing, but...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.