This article is part II in a Big Data series and investigates various Big Data solutions that approach the problem of capturing, querying, and analyzing huge amounts of data differently.
Looking for the panacea for your reporting? Meet YARG (Yet Another Report Generator).
Review: Alerting, Log Management, Visualization, APM, and Deployment Management Tools
In this post I want to share with you four-five lesser-known yet pretty awesome command line gems. As an added bonus I will also advise the proper way to use shell under Windows, which is pretty valuable bit of knowledge in itself.
HTML5 is the newest version of the HyperText Markup Language that was developed in the late 80’s in order to describe documents that linked to each other. In it’s early days, HTML’s role was simple, to help describe a document’s structure and to allow cross-linking of documents. We discuss its top 10 advantages!
I'm putting together my 2016 list of conferences I'm planning to attend, and I was wondering if there was one or two that the readership might suggest adding to the todo list.
Microservice architecture is fast becoming a go-to solution for enterprise applications, but it’s not always easy to make the transition from an established, monolithic infrastructure.
NetBeans IDE is comprehensive and powerful, though not always as pretty as you’d like it to be, which, in turn, can have an impact on the efficiency and enjoyment of your coding experience.
Despite good intentions, redundant variables actually make your code dirty and difficult to understand
Recently, I spoke with performance specialist Brad Stoner about how to fit performance testing into agile development cycles. This week, we’ll use this blog post to follow up with greater detail around performance testing automation and recap which performance tests are good candidates for automation. After all, automation is an important technique for any modern performance engineer to master.
Our WhatIs site asked me to help with a definition of IoC and DI. I've always disliked the terms, especially IoC, because it was never clear to me what the inversion was. Here's my attempt to define these terms. Tell me what's wrong.
This series of articles begins with an overview of the different Big Data providers and the problems that each is intended to solve and then presents an overview of each of the major Big Data solutions, their problem domains, and a cursory look at the operational requirements to manage each.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.