We've mostly focused on the sweet new additions to Java 8 - but there are two sides to every release. Lukas Eder delves into the murkier side of the update.
Apache Hadoop Development Tools (HDT) is still in development phase. So, no official distribution of Hadoop 2.2.0 Eclipse Plugin is available now. But we can build the same using winghc/hadoop2x-eclipse-plugin. In this post, we'll build, install and configure the plugin with the Eclipse or any Eclipse based IDE (say, Spring Tool Suite) to ease the development activities using Hadoop framework.
Interfaces are one of the core design concepts of Object Oriented Design. They are used for multiple reasons, like enabling multiple implementations of specific interfaces. In this post, I'll dive into how these are used in Java 6 and 7, how they apply to Cloudify, and what's coming with Java 8.
Are you attempting load and performance testing in an Agile environment but find yourself asking, “Am I doing this right?” To help you out, we have collected answers to common questions from our performance guru Steve Weisfeldt. Read on to learn what he knows: http://www.neotys.com/blog/load-testing-speed-agile-qa-with-steve-weisfeldt/
Transcending Code, Containers and The Cloud with Simulation
Concurrent Adders are a new set of classes used in Java 8. As people have been managing concurrent counters since the dawn of multi-core architectures, we'll see what are some of the options Java offered up until now, and how they perform compared to this new API
Spring XD offers a unified, distributed, and extensible system for data ingestion, real time analytics, batch processing, and data export for Hadoop. XD is built on Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Data + Spring Hadoop, and inherits all their proven capability, including portability across major distributions like Apache, Cloudera, Pivotal and Hortonworks.
Boot removes tedious boilerplate Java code for about 80% of cases, and encourages small, simply focused services that are ideal for cloud / PaaS deployments. Boot provides as much as possible out of the box for your app in production (metrics, JMX, CraSHd shell integration, easy security, etc.) so that getting the code right is the only responsibility you care about.
The industry’s jargon can be hard to decipher at times, especially when trying to explain these buzzwords to fellow co-workers within your organization who don’t really have a clue what you are talking about. Buzzwords are unavoidable, however there needs to be a clear understanding of what a buzzword is and the testing buzzwords you should know. Read on to see the answer.
In this article I will show you how to create your own simple java web service and how to test it using Glassfish 4.0.
With Java 8, lambdas were introduced to the Java language; but at a bytecode level, nothing changed! We’re still utilizing the existing invokedynamic functionality added in Java 7. So does this mean we can run lambdas on Java 7?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...