Recently, Israeli-based Artifactory providers JFrog announced full support for on-premise and cloud-based npm repositories within their popular third-party library and binaries manager. With this latest update, Artifactory has become the first private npm registry and proxy for the extremely popular node.js framework. Boasting a hugely active user base, node.js has a vibrant ecosystem, which,...
Many people have the false impression that if you're going down a DevOps route, PaaS isn't the path you want to take. Cloudbees CEO, Sacha Labourey, explains why smart IT managers and directors aren't afraid to bring the two approaches together.
New JOSSO 2.4 unleashes an extended modeling notation for rolling out even more complex settings, improved interoperability with cloud services as well as with the latest technology stacks and applications.
Oracle announces plans to join forces with Imagination Technologies to bring Java to MIPS chip architecture and tune Java to work with PowerVR graphics
For the 5th time, ZeroTurnaround's tech detectives at RebelLabs revisit the tools & technologies landscape in Java, collecting data, crunching numbers and see what’s going on in 14 different tool segments and the market at large.
In this article we take alook at running JavaFX on a server.
Clojure is a Lisp for the JVM and due to being different is a great programming language to learn. To ease your learning process this article shows you how to design software in a functional language and how to start your next Clojure project using Leiningen.
MapDB allows you as the Java developer to do what you do every day: work with the familiar, natural and powerful Java Collections API – while surpassing the traditional limitations of Java Heap Memory and the expense of Garbage Collection with large data sets. I was able to get up and running with MapDB literally in a few minutes, and now I can create virtually any size collection (Map, Set,...
If you’ve ever done a lot of work with Regular Expressions, you’re probably familiar with the concept of catastrophic backtracking, which means that the engine is forced to calculate permutations of exponential proportions. This article demonstrates how to protect yourself from runaway regular expressions, and prevent a hidden denial of service attack that is exposed in the Java language itself.
Brian Goetz rallies army of “nine million” Java wizards at JAX 2014 keynote, earmarking arrays and Value Types as burning issues.
Explore one of the new Java 8 features by adding default method implementations to your interfaces.
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Step-by-step guide to Android development with Eclipse (15 Jan 2015) Learn how to create applications in an Android development environment in this guide.
- 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should happen now (08 Jan 2015) Learn the top 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should be your next Web development project.
- The 10 most common and avoidable HTML5 mistakes (09 Jan 2015) Learn about the 10 most common and most avoidable HTML5 mistakes and how best to avoid them.
- How to ensure continuous integration leads to continuous improvement (18 Dec 2014) Many organizations employ continuous integration strategies, but beyond simplifying DevOps, CI...
- Four tips to help tell if your continuous integration (CI) process is working (16 Dec 2014) Many organizations have adopted a continuous integration (CI) process. CI promises many benefits,...
- Google's Solve for 'X' program goes into high gear (23 Dec 2014) Solve for 'X' has become an annual Google initiative bringing innovators together to address global...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...