The complete guide for using jstack to debug live production servers
My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
Read about our favorite continuous delivery tools which help manage the development cycle.
Here's a quick look at some of the insights TheServerSide has gathered by the flock of Java professionals who attended JavaOne 2015.
Throughput and Response Time by speed category. These are key metrics that everyone can easily grab and chart. The benefit is that these basic metrics tell you a lot about your app performance and behavior. Check out my sample from a Hybris eCommerce installation. Its simply and easy
In this post we have created a concise, simple enough for beginers, tutorial, that explains the whole process of creating a simple web app, including the frontend, the backend, and most importantly, the ways that someone can use to interact with both of them. What we want to achieve by this post here, is to guide through the whole process of creating a complete “toy” web application.
Apple’s new iOS8 is being hailed as one of the most significant operating system releases ever as it comes with even more applications and features than any other Apple operating system to date. That being said, this new release means testers and QA managers need to be on their A game when it comes to testing mobile applications. To help you we have compiled a list of suggestions about testing...
It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...