Containers, containers everywhere but no containment to be seen.
If you’ve been in the software world for a while now, you know the idea of introducing a lite application isn’t exactly new or uncommon. However, it’s often done for different reasons. A free version can be used as a giveaway to attract new users while an easy-to-use version is perfect for novices. Likewise, single-purpose versions may be made to isolate and streamline a specific portion of...
Take a closer look at some of the common challenges of performance testing microservices, explore best practices for testing your microservices, and explain how you can monitor the performance of your microservices in production.
In the midst of Docker’s meteoric rise and the explosion of talk around containers, it can be easy to lose oneself in all of the new terminology and jargon. While we think about the challenges presented by using containers in production, we also continue to hear the metaphor of Pets vs. Cattle and why it’s important to maintain an infrastructure that acts like a herd of cows.
What are the pros and cons of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and Fabric?
A prototype is what a software project starts from; this article explains the nine critical steps in the process of its creation
it’s time to turn our eyes to the future for a bird’s-eye view of what’s coming in Java EE 8, which will run in alignment with Java SE 8. As David Delabassee commented at Devoxx UK 2015, a lot has changed since the transition from J2EE, and the reinvention is continuing with this upcoming release. Although it’s very early days still, there are a few concrete specifics in place. Delabassee...
Konrad Malawski, Akka team member and Reactive Streams contributor, goes deep into the protocols, tools and methodologies user for building Reactive applications. Full video and slides provided.
Currently I am co-writing Arquillian in Action book with my colleague Jason Porter. Last week the book just entered into MEAP stage.
Application Performance Management, or APM, is the monitoring and management of the availability and performance of software applications. Different people can interpret this definition differently so this article attempts to qualify what APM is, what it includes, and why it is important to your business.
Man, monitoring web based applications and gathering metrics from single page interfaces (SPIs) developed in AngularJS and Ember can be a real pain. Well, it can be if you're using traditional monitoring software. If you are, SOASTA may have some answers to your problems.
From the performance achievements of the Redis NoSQL database to the simplification of persistence mapping from Java code to big data stores, the world of NoSQL and big data development is changing fast.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Best practices for distributed systems baked into Bitcoin's blockchain architecture (08 Jan 2016) Expect to hear more about Bitcoin and its blockchain architecture in 2016, as the manner in which...
- The next big challenge in IoT evolution: Getting the protocols right (08 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn about some of the considerations that need to be taken into account...
- How to quickly move a microservice infrastructure off AWS in a weekend (07 Jan 2016) In this article you will learn how a small development team moved a 200-service application...
- How to build an application integration framework for flexibility (02 Dec 2015) Learn how MOBI Wireless created a back end infrastructure that makes it easy to implement different...
- The top software picks for making Windows 10 workstations productive (11 Jan 2016) What software do you need to install on a Windows 10 machine to create an incredible, full...
- How to integrate Spring Cache with an In-Memory Data Grid (IMDG) (21 Jan 2016) Interested in combining the efficiencies of Spring Cache with the power of an In-Memory Data Grid...
- Java APIs to bridge the gap between today and future development efforts (04 Jan 2016) At JavaOne 2015, a big topic of conversation was APIs and API development. In the IBM keynote, the...
- Perfecting product migrations without customer disruption with Agile (01 Jan 2016) Learn how MobiTV created a software development process for powering the future of connected TV.