Comsat offers an actor-based API for web application programming.
Azul Systems CEO Scott Sellers explains why they think their new tool is a worthy match for Oracle offerings.
One of the great features that Asciidoctor offers us as a writers of manuals, tutorials and documentation in general is that allows us to follow the DRY pattern. If for example you are writing a tutorial, probably you will have one part of the tutorial which will be the documentation, and another part which will be source code with examples. Asciidoctor allows us to write the documentation and...
What if virtual machines could dream and relive past experiences as a means to train their own internal adaptive mechanisms or to allow software performance engineers to observe and understand dynamic behavior as it would appear in reality?
Building your RESTful Java web apps with templates simplifies your code and allows it to be re-themed without code change. This example creates an app using Twitter's Bootstrap front-end framework for it’s theme.
A small security fix in Java update 51,released last week, appears to be incompatible with the popular Google Guava library.
Lambda expressions have taken the programming world by storm in the last few years. What’s interesting about Lambda expressions is that from the JVM’s perspective they’re completely invisible
If you had to choose a new build tool for your next project—or for your existing infrastructure, how would you go about choosing one? There aren’t many options after all—Maven, Ant (+ Ivy) and Gradle take up the large majority of the Java build tool space.
The Agile Manifesto turns 13 years old next month and while that might be early adolescence in human years, it’s downright ancient as far as trends in IT are concerned. However, one area that has yet to fully mature is the implementation of non-functional testing practices in a Continuous Testing sort of way that can keep pace with more Agile development teams. Load and performance testing...
When it comes to compliance, sometimes you need to hang on to your logs much longer than you'd usually keep them for performance analysis, searching or monitoring. Or, sometimes, you want to be able to go back and analyze old logs. Find out how you can automatically archive your logs securely to Amazon's S3: https://blog.logentries.com/2014/01/amazon-s3-archiving-you-asked-we-delivered/
Version 4.0 of JArchitect by CoderGears, a tool used to manage Java code bases and application development, is now available.
Over 9 months ago, RebelLabs published a "DevOps Productivity Report", which compared processes, tools and practices between teams that identify themselves as either traditional IT Ops style or DevOps-oriented. Too bad the results seem to have no effect.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.