In this article, Ernest gives a quick run-down of Java 8 Streams and how it works nicely together with Lambda Expressions.
While last year AngularJS was all the rage, it would appear that Docker is the new sweetheart on the tip of everyone's tongue at Devoxx 2014.
Are you using Struts? Then you should be aware of a well-known performance bug in Struts that causes high response time overhead due to a synchronized read access to config files which are re-parsed for every single request Struts is handling. If you have a lot of parallel requests your application is most likely spending most of its time in synchronization. Good news is that there is a fix...
Understanding Understanding in the context of both human and software action and perception.
Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark, Akka, Java 8 streams and Quasar: The classic use cases to the newest concurrency approaches for Java developers
OACC (pronounced Oak) is a powerful, new Java Application Security Framework. The almost revolutionary difference with OACC is a security model that provides an abstraction for the application objects being secured. As a result of this abstraction, the application does need database tables and code to manage security relationships, or provide custom implementations of various framework interfaces.
Not even a company like Apple is immune from website crashes (Apple’s new iPhone 6 crashed its website and live-stream, for example.) The best way to avoid this scenario and to bulletproof your web performance is to be smart, anticipate what may happen, and to employ the right combination of preparation and execution. Read on to learn...
The Enterprise Java Newscast, hosted by Kito D. Mann, Ian Hlavats, and Daniel Hinojosa, is a monthly podcast that covers the latest headlines in the world of Enterprise Java development.
JVM is adaptive in several regards. This post will take a look into adaptive heap sizing in action - through a small test case we see how the Eden and Survivor sizes are resized dynamically to prevent premature promotion to Tenured.
This article is the second part of a two-part installment on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the impact of SOA on operations and DevOps. This installment reviews the other leading SOA technology: REpresentational State Transfer (REST). SOAP and REST behave differently and have their own management challenges and this article will help you better understand those differences and...
Memory Leaks, bad coding, High CPU Usage, Stuck Threads, Problematic Database calls ...? Follow my How To Guide on how to find these top performance problems in your Java, .NET, PHP or Mobile App with the latest Dynatrace 6.1 Beta. We give you 30 Day Free Trial with an option to lifetime free when you give us some feedback!
Explore how Jisgaw modules are defined, and discover their benefits.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...