Capacity planning for a new application is tricky at best. This post is an example about correlation between optimal heap size and live data set.
Plumbr uncovers some useful take-homes as it uses detective skills to solve mysterious burst of user/product friction.
While any load testing solution will enable you to do some sort of load testing in your Agile environment, comparatively few enable you to follow recommended best practices and overcome the challenges many teams face with load and performance testing on an Agile project. When considering an Agile load testing solution, you first want to ask a number of key questions about the tool's...
Mobile adoption for UI based tasks has been on the increase since smart phones first emerged and, according to Morgan Stanley Research, it is believed that there will be a tipping point this year where users use their mobile devices for web based activity as much as their desktops. With this in mind there are a couple of vital factors to think about when looking at how your front end / user...
You may not have noticed, but history has unfolded before our very eyes in the past few months, with mobile device sales expected to outpace those of the traditional laptops for the first time. What is somewhat surprising, however, is how immature mobile app monitoring tools are. For anyone trying to gain a better understanding of their mobile apps in the wild (read as developers, product...
We have analyzed the performance of super bowl ad landing pages. There were 3 things that came to our attention: GoDaddy used smaller and optimized landing pages during the game to keep performance goals. Soda Stream was offline for a while due to misconfigured DNS TTL and Kia had availabilty issues because of TCP Socket Timeouts. Read this blog to learn how to avoid these problems on your web...
JINSPIRED has made freely available a new product, Sentris, offering the first Quality of Service (QoS) for Applications.
In this blog we look behind the statistical approaches performance analysis tools take to deal with lots of data. Many tools use statistical sampling approaches by filtering out data that is not relevant. Question though is: How to decide what is relevant? Does it really make sense to just focus on slow performing code and improve that for a small number of users? Or would it be better to focus...
Are you an Eclipse user that has ever wondered why IntelliJ IDEA users are so outspoken about their IDE? Is it possible that some awesome, secret features exist in IntelliJ that Eclipse users aren't aware of?
I have been training my team at the methodology of DevOps and changing the company’s culture. Last week I was trying to explain to some colleagues how we work at Wix and about our dev culture. While doing it I realized that we are doing much more than just DevOps. What we actually do is much more than DevOps, our culture is actually “developer centric culture” or in short “Dev Centric” culture.
At this year’s JAX Mainz, not only will you see the regular deepdive sessions, workshops and keynotes on the Java ecosystem and the rich mix of related open technologies that it entails - you’ll also get the chance to honour your peers and give them the recognition they deserve.
Trimou is an open source Mustache templates implementation written in Java. It's focused on extensibility and configurability. Try it out!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.