Code quality tools fulfill a growing need, as our code bases become larger and more complex, and it’s important to try to automate your code checks as much as possible, using tools like Sonar, Findbugs, PMD, Checkstyle and others...
At a recent SharePoint installation we identified an interesting source of a potential performance problem that impacts ALL SharePoint and .NET-based installations that use the ServicePointManager to access web services. It turns out that ServicePointManager comes with a default setting that allows two concurrent connections. If you happen to have a SharePoint dashboard that queries data from...
To download the distributions, please go visit: Spring Tool Suite: http://www.springsource.org/sts Groovy/Grails Tool Suite: http://grails.org/products/ggts Detailed new and noteworthy notes can be found here: http://static.springsource.org/sts/nan/v320/NewAndNoteworthy.html
Proposes a novel approach to actor and process supervision based on discrete event simulation and signaling
Geert Bevin, Java Champion hired recently into the LiveRebel team at ZeroTurnaround, discusses why he left Java, and what made him come back after 3 years.
Today leading enterprise software company Atlassian introduced Confluence 5.0, a completely redesigned version of its best-in-class social and team collaboration platform used by more than 36,000 teams worldwide.
Some observations I’ve made over the years which I believe contribute to the disconnect that can occur between what a log file says occurred and what actually happened.
Stop redeploying in Java. Forever. JRebel 5.2 includes new support for Apache Camel, Spring Framework, JDeveloper, IDE plugin debuggers and new documentation. Woot!
JavaOne India is going to be held at the Hyderabad International Convention Centre during 8–9th May. The call for papers is now open. It will stay open until March 15th.
How-to video, additional information, and resources on agile runtimes by VMware engineer and expert on Agile Java practices and enterprise systems.
Presents an alternative view of metric monitoring in which metrics act as mere queries but not the persistent data model for performance monitoring.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
- Do you need APIs if you've embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.