Make sure that your website is up, serving customers, and meeting its performance expectations with user monitoring. In this post, we explore the five ways that Synthetic User Monitoring can make your website monitoring smarter.;http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-ways-synthetic-users-make-website-monitoring-smarter/
In this post, I’d like to examine code that implements a concurrent solution to the same problem and talk about what’s good about the given approach, what’s are some potential drawbacks, and what pitfalls may lay in wait for you.
With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
Introduction to Spring Data JPA with Spring 4 - the Spring config, the DAO, manual and generated queries and transaction management.
In the latest in Jigsaw puzzling news, we’re pleased to report that the initial change-set for JEP 220: “Modular Run-Time Images” was pushed through yesterday. As part of the steady granularisation of Java to improve performance, security, and maintainability, this JEP’s overriding purpose is slated as the remodelling of the JDK and JRE run-time images to accommodate modules.
Continuous Integration is becoming a key element in modern day Agile development. When integrated with performance testing, CI can be vital in detecting and mitigating performance issues before they have a chance to derail your system in the real world. Is your company reaping these benefits or lagging behind the competition?
The survival kit for new deployments: Tools for Java developers that frequently deploy code to production
Apache Mesos is a cluster manager that simplifies the complexity of running tasks on a shared pool of servers. Docker is a lightweight container for deploying packaged services, similar in concept to a virtual machine, but without the overhead. Mesos added support for Docker in the 0.20.0 release and subsequently fixed some fairly large limitations in the following 0.20.1 patch release. The...
Flyway 3.1 is out! Database Migrations made easy, now with Redshift, Vertica and DB2 z/OS support as well as SQL-based callbacks.
We just learned from a well-known memory leak in Tibco’s internal message handling. In this blog we share how you can verify whether you are impacted or not and how to fix this. The approach we take is also applicable for other enterprise components that you use in your connected environment.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...