We thought it would be a good time to bring Nashorn to the mix by taking a look under the hood, and see how it compiles Lambda expressions (especially compared to Java and Scala).
There is no hiding the fact mobile app development is a booming industry with a forecast to hit $25 billion at the beginning of 2014. With the amount of apps on the market, the competition is getting fiercer and the consumers are getting pickier. Here are four articles we have found that illustrate the importance of mobile app testing:...
An article that explains how JMM works, going all the way from Java code, through OpenJDK sources, and down to CPU caches.
Five ways in which we can use efficient coding to help our garbage collector spend less CPU time allocating and freeing memory, and reduce GC overhead.
In this post, we'll see basic usage of HDFS command 'bin\hdfs dfs' with different options like mkdir, copyFromLocal, cat, ls and finally run the wordcount MapReduce job provided in %HADOOP_HOME%\share\hadoop\mapreduce\hadoop-mapreduce-examples-2.2.0.jar. On successful execution of the job in the Single Node (pseudo-distributed mode) cluster, an output (contains counts of the occurrences of each...
y do so many organizations archive gigs and gigs of log data to Amazon’s S3? Over the past few years I have spoken to hundreds of our new. One of the first things that strikes me is that, even if they do not have a sophisticated log management solution in place, many organizations simply dump their logs to S3. As roll your own logging solutions go, archiving to S3 is by far the most popular. This...
Software development organizations rely on agile coaches to help them build good project management practices that encourage collaboration, simplicity, flexibility and responsiveness to feedback throughout the entire product development process. Here are four interviews with agile coaching experts on their tips, tricks and insights for running an effective agile team....
It never ceases to amaze me that I can be 37,000 feet over the Atlantic in a tin box (writing this blog…) traveling at a speed of 594mph, with an outside temperature of -79F, and yet I can fire log events from my MacBook Air (excuse the pun) to Logentries and see them arrive instantaneously in my live tail view. For some reason something piqued my interest as to whether there may be a firewall...
JAXenter catches up with ZeroTurnaround CEO Jevgeni Kabanov for the for the full story on the multi-app release capable update.
In most cases of bad performance IT IS NOT the database to blame. But - there are cases where optimizing indices and updating table statistics do the trick. In this blog we show you the 3 easy steps to identify slow running SQLs that result in bad application performance and how to fix this with optimization steps on the database
Group dynamic is a powerful thing. It can help transform the stirrings of an idea into a full scale movement , and, when harnessed for a common cause, can give even the most junior developer a say in the direction of a platform. With roughly nine million Java developers internationally, thriving Java Community Groups (JUGs) have sprung up all over the world.
Puppet, a popular configuration management tool, is used by many IT companies to help facilitate and automate the setup of environments. This is a hands on guide for how to quickly install Puppet a MySQL instance in just a couple of minutes using an open source Java-based framework, Cloudify.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.