Java developers are flooded with a plethora of libraries and tools for their day-to-day work. We compiled a little list of stuff that we use everyday in primarily business line development (CRM, banking, web dev etc.) and that we can wholeheartedly recommend. There’s also a very opinionated section of people that we’d like to give some props to, if you are not on it, give us a shout ;) Please...
Immutable objects are not the same as passive data structures without setters, despite a very common misbelief
In a traditional software engineering organization, the QA group is often seen as separate from the Development group, however, for folks outside the engineering team – say in Operations – they generally consider Development and QA to be in the same group. So what happens with QA in a DevOps organization? When Development and Operations merge together, where does that leave QA? This post will...
Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
Loading all data into a Hashtable instead of using proper SQL (24k Statements instead of one) and an overloaded web site (280 images on landing page) are the two top problems of November that we found in our Application Performance Clinic. Find the technical details and how you can do a quick sanity check on your application
A proposal for a different approach to application performance monitoring that is far more efficient, effective, extensible and eventual than traditional legacy approaches based on metrics and event logging.
Make sure that your website is up, serving customers, and meeting its performance expectations with user monitoring. In this post, we explore the five ways that Synthetic User Monitoring can make your website monitoring smarter.;http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-ways-synthetic-users-make-website-monitoring-smarter/
In this post, I’d like to examine code that implements a concurrent solution to the same problem and talk about what’s good about the given approach, what’s are some potential drawbacks, and what pitfalls may lay in wait for you.
With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
Introduction to Spring Data JPA with Spring 4 - the Spring config, the DAO, manual and generated queries and transaction management.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...