This is a best practice blog from a belgium performance engineer who had to deal with a memory issue introduced with an update to a dependency injection library. Monitoring certain key memory metrics (GC Time, Time on CPU, # of Collections, ...) help to identify changed memory behavior.
Adding log analysis takes automated orchestration one step further. The result is more reliable infrastructure, with better issue response.
With explosive growth in the Enterprise Jenkins market, CloudBees is moving away from runtime PaaS hosting and focusing entirely on the development and integration side of software development.
This article continues a series that presents a view of the developer / operations gap from an architect / developer perspective, focusing specifically on scalability.
The JRebel 6 Beta is widely available and in this multi-part blog post series we explore common refactoring processes, why developers should do them, and how JRebel saves developer teams even more time each day by allowing them to view code changes instantly. We cover adding instance fields, adding interfaces, and even adding superclasses without having to rebuild & redeploy your application or...
Many people don’t typically think of universities as an environment that experiences peak load volumes. But registration day is no walk in the park. In hectic situations, the load generated on servers is a common culprit of a website crash. Don’t fall victim to that. We sat down with Bentley University to better understand what happens during registration time, how the spike affects their...
All new features, expected features and speculations regarding the upcoming Java 9 release: the Jigsaw project, performance improvements and long awaited APIs
IN this articles, I want to share the approach the team choose to build stateless session for an multi-tenant application. We integrate our cookie-based session with Spring Security Framework. The sample source code is provided as well.
Spring Framework 4.1 introduces major new capabilities in JMS, jCache, SpringMVC, WebSocket features, and better performance
In the post we analyze the data based on more than 2,000 different applications triggering containing than 750 memory leaks to get insight about the memory leak size and velocity.
I am pleased to announce a new episode of the Enterprise Java Newscast on JSFCentral.com.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...