If you had to choose a new build tool for your next project—or for your existing infrastructure, how would you go about choosing one? There aren’t many options after all—Maven, Ant (+ Ivy) and Gradle take up the large majority of the Java build tool space.
The Agile Manifesto turns 13 years old next month and while that might be early adolescence in human years, it’s downright ancient as far as trends in IT are concerned. However, one area that has yet to fully mature is the implementation of non-functional testing practices in a Continuous Testing sort of way that can keep pace with more Agile development teams. Load and performance testing...
When it comes to compliance, sometimes you need to hang on to your logs much longer than you'd usually keep them for performance analysis, searching or monitoring. Or, sometimes, you want to be able to go back and analyze old logs. Find out how you can automatically archive your logs securely to Amazon's S3: https://blog.logentries.com/2014/01/amazon-s3-archiving-you-asked-we-delivered/
Version 4.0 of JArchitect by CoderGears, a tool used to manage Java code bases and application development, is now available.
Over 9 months ago, RebelLabs published a "DevOps Productivity Report", which compared processes, tools and practices between teams that identify themselves as either traditional IT Ops style or DevOps-oriented. Too bad the results seem to have no effect.
Out of the box code analyzers and editors for new Java 8 technologies, Maven, Java EE (especially PrimeFaces), HTML5 (especially AngularJS), and much more.
If you're still using Java Sever Pages, maybe it's time to switch to a templating engine. Here are several reasons to use FreeMarker on your next project.
If you have a large number of servers you may have a requirement to configure proxy servers in various parts of your network to accept messages and then forward them to a centralized logging solution or service. We regularly see this with larger customers where it makes sense to collect logs centrally before sending them on to Logentries for analysis. In some cases this can be a more stringent...
This version brings volunteer computing, dynamic scripting, easier configuration management, awesome new demos, and a lot more.
Did you know that Java provides different options to get insight into the JVMs runtime state? You can either use a native agent that connects to the tooling interface (JVMTI) or a java agent that gets loaded into the JVM. Both provide deep insight into the JVM while it executes your applications. But - what is the best approach/interface to use? Our engineering team has been using these...
Gonna make some mad cheddar, yo
Version 0.8.7 of restSQL, an open-source persistence framework, was released on January 12, 2014. The release adds auto-increment/sequence-based column support and extends function-based column support to PostgreSQL.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- Aggregating big data from embedded devices is changing the analytics world (09 Aug 2014) With more and more embedded devices being connected to corporate networks, more data than ever is...
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.