Dashboards using log data have an important property that does not exist when creating dashboards with many other approaches - i.e. your logs maintain the evidence! This means that if there is a spike in the number of signups or an increase in your customers’ using a particular feature, you can quickly validate what caused that change. Validating your data is something that can be particularly...
ZK Charts is a comprehensive set of interactive charts providing a complete set of Java APIs that makes visualization of your data exceptionally easy. ZK Charts also works with ZK's MVC and MVVM patterns to boost development productivity.
Whilst certain popularity stats may have you believe the language is tottering towards its dotage, a little probing reveals that things are very much alive beneath the surface.
Embedded technology takes a step forward with speedier, secure and scalable Java ME update.
Java 8 has a lot of new features - some are powerful new classes and idioms, while others are just things which should have been there from the get-go. Here are ten little gems definitely worth knowing about
Updates pivoted towards Oracle's platform update, along with a series of feature tweaks.
Linux engineer devises ingenious DIY 'PiPhone', powered by the humble single cell computer and basic electronics.
We've mostly focused on the sweet new additions to Java 8 - but there are two sides to every release. Lukas Eder delves into the murkier side of the update.
Apache Hadoop Development Tools (HDT) is still in development phase. So, no official distribution of Hadoop 2.2.0 Eclipse Plugin is available now. But we can build the same using winghc/hadoop2x-eclipse-plugin. In this post, we'll build, install and configure the plugin with the Eclipse or any Eclipse based IDE (say, Spring Tool Suite) to ease the development activities using Hadoop framework.
Interfaces are one of the core design concepts of Object Oriented Design. They are used for multiple reasons, like enabling multiple implementations of specific interfaces. In this post, I'll dive into how these are used in Java 6 and 7, how they apply to Cloudify, and what's coming with Java 8.
Are you attempting load and performance testing in an Agile environment but find yourself asking, “Am I doing this right?” To help you out, we have collected answers to common questions from our performance guru Steve Weisfeldt. Read on to learn what he knows: http://www.neotys.com/blog/load-testing-speed-agile-qa-with-steve-weisfeldt/
Transcending Code, Containers and The Cloud with Simulation
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Step-by-step guide to Android development with Eclipse (15 Jan 2015) Learn how to create applications in an Android development environment in this guide.
- 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should happen now (08 Jan 2015) Learn the top 10 reasons why HTML5 implementation should be your next Web development project.
- The 10 most common and avoidable HTML5 mistakes (09 Jan 2015) Learn about the 10 most common and most avoidable HTML5 mistakes and how best to avoid them.
- How to ensure continuous integration leads to continuous improvement (18 Dec 2014) Many organizations employ continuous integration strategies, but beyond simplifying DevOps, CI...
- Four tips to help tell if your continuous integration (CI) process is working (16 Dec 2014) Many organizations have adopted a continuous integration (CI) process. CI promises many benefits,...
- Google's Solve for 'X' program goes into high gear (23 Dec 2014) Solve for 'X' has become an annual Google initiative bringing innovators together to address global...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...