Recently, there has been much discussion about the need to server gems in a private network. This need arose not only from the security problems experienced by RubyGems.org but also due to the fact that some gems aren’t hosted on RubyGems.org such as Vagrant, which no longer supports RubyGems or gems that are not open source or not public and that may nevertheless be shared as gems rather than...
With 2013 done and dusted, one clear winner for the biggest mover out of all the programming languages on the TIOBE index has emerged.
We recently ran into a memory leak caused by the Oracle JDBC Driver Implementation. Oracle fixed the issue based on our input data. In case you are experiencing memory problems leading to crashes have a look at this blog. In case you see similar symptoms its better to install the latest patches instead of adding more memory to avoid Out of Memory crashes.
Enforcing data integrity ensures the quality of the data in the system, and contributes to have bug free applications. Two important steps in checking the data integrity are to identify valid values for a type and to decide how to enforce its data integrity.
In this article we take a look at How improve testing by looking at how to use Jemmy with JUnit in NetBeans
Have you ever wondered how big is the overhead posed by ArrayList, HashMap or any other java.util.Collections API used within your application? We have now finalized a thorough research in the field and can publish conclusions based on more than 500 different applications.
A question that many developers often ask is, “Can I make it run faster?” But what are you looking at to make it faster? The code? The network? Alan explores what you need to tune answer the question: what is Hadoop's Network Performance?
Kairi Kangro has written "On Java Collection Waste," an article in which he examines the wasted heap associated with the standard Java collections library. Short form: they work pretty well.
Spring Mobile Hello World Example that includes DeviceResolver, SitePreference, urlPath SiteSwitcher and LiteDeviceDelegatingViewResolver
Spring Mobile is an extension to Spring MVC for development of mobile web applications. The Spring Mobile Device module provides a feature (DeviceResolver / LiteDeviceResolver) to detect devices like mobile and tablet in the server side. Device aware view management is very useful specially when it is required to serve different optimized versions of same website based on request generating...
JINSPIRED has released a new free Java application performance monitoring solution, Satoris, based on it's adaptive intelligent technology along with the open sourcing of a Probes Open API.
Have you ever thought about seeing how well you’d do as an independent contractor in the coding game? What challenges you’d face, how your routine would change, and the risks that come with going solo?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.