My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
Read about our favorite continuous delivery tools which help manage the development cycle.
Here's a quick look at some of the insights TheServerSide has gathered by the flock of Java professionals who attended JavaOne 2015.
Throughput and Response Time by speed category. These are key metrics that everyone can easily grab and chart. The benefit is that these basic metrics tell you a lot about your app performance and behavior. Check out my sample from a Hybris eCommerce installation. Its simply and easy
In this post we have created a concise, simple enough for beginers, tutorial, that explains the whole process of creating a simple web app, including the frontend, the backend, and most importantly, the ways that someone can use to interact with both of them. What we want to achieve by this post here, is to guide through the whole process of creating a complete “toy” web application.
Apple’s new iOS8 is being hailed as one of the most significant operating system releases ever as it comes with even more applications and features than any other Apple operating system to date. That being said, this new release means testers and QA managers need to be on their A game when it comes to testing mobile applications. To help you we have compiled a list of suggestions about testing...
It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Transitioning to Java 8 (03 Oct 2014) At JavaOne, the vice president of Java development at Oracle opened up about Java 8 trends and...
- Overcoming barriers to Java application performance (02 Oct 2014) Developers and architects at JavaOne 2014 discussed how to improve Java application performance.
- Understanding the new Nashorn (01 Oct 2014) At JavaOne 2014, discussion turned to the creation and upgrades of the compiler engine called...
- Goetz hangs his hat on lambda parallelism and performance (30 Sep 2014) When it comes to improving Java, few changes have been as eagerly anticipated as lambdas. From...
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Startup promises native Java across mobile platforms (03 Oct 2014) Learn how startup company Codename One is promising native Java across mobile platforms.
- The highlights of Java EE 8 (30 Sep 2014) At JavaOne 2014, the latest features and upgrades of Java EE 8 were highlighted.
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.