There's no drama here in this release, or at least, I certainly don't anticipate any. It's basically the same great tool, but packaged in a way they probably wish the 1.0 release was.
Java Champion Markus Eisele (@myfear) has authored an introductory blog about Lagom and how to get started today with this opinionated Microservices framework...
TheServerSide has been a little Jenkins heavy in the past, and here's some proof. But that heavily tipped scale is starting to even itself out.
The cloud provides two major advantages to load and performance procedures that help testing teams better model realistic behavior: instant infrastructure and geographic location. Cloud-based load testing also lowers the total cost of ownership, increases flexibility and allows testers to understand the impact of third-party components. So you’re sold on using the cloud; here’s what you should...
Interfaces must be small and "functionality poor". InputStream in Java is a perfect example of a bad design, that violates that simple rule.
Everything you need to know about Java EE and its current status
Learn from the experts: watch some of the best Java videos available online
The new Date/Time API was one of the long pending request from the Java developer community. As the existing Date related API is not developer friendly. With the older versions of Java we used third party date time libraries like Joda-Time. As part of Java 8, the implementation of JSR 310 lead by Joda-Time author Stephen Colebourne along with Oracle provided Date and Time API. This will be...
This article walks through creating a custom Docker image that adds an application to a base container image and creating a custom container image.
Probably all of you are using CI/CD for building and delivering your applications. Some of the steps that a continuous delivery pipeline is typically composed are compile step, tests step, acceptance tests step, static code analysis, … But one step that is usually missed is the documentation step. In this screencast you will learn how to integrate the documentation process to your continuous...
Java 8 brought an improved Date and Time API which is still not supported by JPA. You either need to convert it yourself or use Hibernate 5.
Inside XpoLog’s unique Apps Interface, you can create your own dashboards and visualization gadgets to better understand what is happening inside your log4j logs and applications.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...