Anyone who has worked with Play Framework will tell you that it's fast. In fact, Play does all it can to wring every last drop of performance out of the JVM. The big question is how, and why, is Play able to be so fast?
As developers, we all love shiny new things. New technologies (Docker, Kubernetes), new languages (Golang, NodeJS), new hyped conversation starters (Microservices, DevOps, Cloud). And everyone seems to have an opinion about why you should do this architecture, or why you should use that language. At the end of the day, your employer is expecting you to deliver using a means to an end, but what is...
Have you thought about the architecture that would be required to automate the developer workspace lifecycle? One of the goals of Eclipse Che is to provide projects that are ready to edit, build and run without a developer installing tools or dependencies.
What if mobile apps had personality types? Could you tell what kind of personality your app would have? Mobile apps can generally be classified in three ways: native apps, mobile web apps, and hybrid apps. Let’s see what happens if we try to match those app types to personality types.
When I joined the industry 10 years ago, my first project used relational database. After that, my next project also used relational database. And as you may guess, my next next projects also used relational database. This went on for so long that I almost forgot that table is just one format to store data. I only found myself interested in other kind of databases 4 years ago when my company...
Most unit tests require mocks, stubs, and the preparation of some other structures before a test can be initiated; here is how I recommend you do that
If you use Kibana as part of the ELK stack or for any other reason, do you think it's wise to upgrade to Kibana 4? We at Logz.io tested the new version, and here are the good features that we found. We'd love to hear what you think about the latest version too!
Raspberry Pi is a low cost, credit-card sized and fastest selling personal computer. In this article, we'll install and configure Oracle Java ME Embedded on a Raspberry Pi.
In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production.
A step by step tutorial showing you how to install and use Scene Builder to create a JavaFX GUI.
Java has come a long way since it was introduced in mid-1995. Its cross-platform characteristics have made it the benchmark when it comes to client-side web programming. But with cybercrime and hackings reaching epidemic levels due to its widespread usage and distribution, the need for secure Java development has become the call of the hour.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...