Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
This is series of posts describing how you can use Big Data and related technologies to enable both business and customers to gain still unknown pieces of information. The articles explores different Big Data technologies and explain how you can use each one to get desired results. It takes an example of typical eCommerce platform where a customer can browse different products.
Why do they call it Google I/O? Because I owe a bunch of money after buying all the cool toys they displayed in the exhibitors hall. What was cool and what wasn't? Prolific Java author Barry Burd lets us know.
For most people today, reliability is critical and TCP is a natural choice for most applications where data is important; for example, everything from web page, to mail, to SSH are TCP -based protocols.
When I started my career as a Java developer close to 10 years ago, the industry is going through a revolutionary change. Spring framework, which was released in 2003, was quickly gaining ground and became a serious challenger to the bulky J2EE platform. Having gone through the transition time, I quickly found myself in favour of Spring framework instead of J2EE platform, even the earlier...
How to use your debugger in the presence of timeouts in your code.
“Mobile performance testing is the same as web application testing. Right?” The answer is no, web application testing might share the same basic principles with mobile application testing but there are more factors to consider with mobile apps. Read on to learn how to build a solid mobile performance strategy:...
A Performance Analysis of Pivotal's Reactive Foundational Library
What if you could go back in time when an app running in the cloud, servicing a request and inject new code into the flow that augments a simulated reality.
I always find it frustrating to “argue” with our competitors about what the best solution is. There is no “one size fits all” – there is just a “this tool fits best for your APM Maturity Level” (not saying the others wouldn’t do a good job). In this blog I highlight the reasons why Steven - a Performance Engineer - switched to our solution. Not because we are the best - but because we fit their...
Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Visualization techniques revolutionize modern business intelligence gathering (06 Jul 2014) With so much data to be analyzed, organizations want a new way to be able to conceptualize the...
- The challenge of tagging for analytics in a world of unstructured text (06 Jul 2014) Many organizations are managing massive amounts of information in their big data systems, but...
- From cloud computing to mobile development: Emerging fields for continuous integration (06 Jul 2014) One of the fastest growing fields in enterprise development is continuous integration. Couple that...
- Freezer: Putting object relational mapping (ORM) tools to the test (03 Jul 2014) Freezer is a code generator that constructs the persistence layer of a Java application: DAOs,...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
- Why All Enterprise DataIntegration Products Are Not Equal (Talend)
- Presentation Transcript: Time is Money: Dramatically Reducing Performance Inefficiencies for Competitive Advantage (Dell Software)
- Medical Supply Company Improves Opportunity to Cash Processes with Application Integration (Apps Associates LLC)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.