Are you really sure what makes a programmer productive? Is it VIM instead of Emacs, the latest Haskell web framework or your favourite NoSQL database? Sorry, but if you focus on tools, frameworks or even processes, you got it backwards! Real programmer productivity starts at the very beginning: Proper requirements.
Scala Days: 5 Techniques to Improve How You Debug Scala and Akka in Production
It was back in June of 2013 when TheServerSide was first introduced to OpenStack, Red Hat's ambitious attempt to do for cloud computing what they did with the open source Linux model, that is, make a commodity out of it leverage it as a major revenue stream. From the 2013 Red Hat Summit, we first floated the basic What is OpenStack? articles, while asking questions such as Will the Red Hat model...
So, what do you think? Is a 460 to 1 loss-less compression of a video file all smoke and mirrors, or are we looking at a new era of data compression that will change how organizations like Netflix and Amazon stream data?
When looking for the best performance and productivity tools, it's not long before one stumbles across the ZeroTurnaround product suite. Here we talk to a user about what they like about ZT.
The gambling industry has arguably been one of the most comprehensively affected by the internet revolution, and if an organization such as William Hill, the UK's largest online gaming provider, hadn't adapted successfully it would have disappeared.
Where is the mobile and wireless computing industry going in 2015? Who better to chat with than Gartner's Van L. Baker?
Do you hear people talking about 'enclosure diagrams' and you're not sure what they're talking about? Here's a quick definition for you.
Akka Team Lead and co-author of the Reactive Manifesto, Dr. Roland Kuhn presents in this 1-hour webinar an overview of Reactive Streams 1.0.0 and why you might want to know what's going on. Full video and slides provided.
Wondering what containerization is? Here's a simple definition for you.
In this post we explore why developing on localhost is killing software development through inefficiencies.
Looking for a definition for 'small multiples?' They're also known as 'trellis charts' or 'lattice charts.' Here's a fairly concise and to the point definition here for those who are looking.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...