Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Class-Path entry in Manifest file

1. Class-Path entry in Manifest file (4 messages)

I am having some problems while deploying a EAR file in Weblogic 6.1 sp1 server.

My EAR file contains two jar file and one war file say,

A.jar
    B.jar
    C.war

Since some EJB's in A.jar file are referencing classes in B.jar, I added class-path entry for B.jar in manifest file of A.jar.

Still I am getting ClassNotFoundError while deploying. The strange problem is if I drop the same EAR file again in Weblogic applications directory(using hot deployment), the application is deployed.

Any clues??

Thanks,
    Nishchit
  2. Hi

I have experienced the same behaviour. I think the problem lies in that each ejb-jar file is viewed as a unit that can be deployed separately, which causes a class not found exception when classes are kept in one jar and exposed through another.

Why it works if you do it twice in a row could be that they have circular reference problems.

- Thomas
  3. BTW - can you actually use the "manifest Class-Path" to add utility jar files to ejb-jars?

Thomas
  4. Sure, you can. There is no problem to add
    Class-Path: ../../morelibs/utilities.jar
    to the manifest of a deployment unit in WLS 6.1. Then
    the server will search for xerces.jar in
    $WLS_HOME/config/<domain>/morelibs/xerces.jar.

The same works for JBoss without problems, but $JBOSS_HOME/morelibs/utilities.jar must be declared
    with
    Class-Path: ../morelibs/utilities.jar
  5. There should be a new line character after each entry in the manifest file.

-Nishchit