Using CachedRowSet from Stateless EJB.

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Using CachedRowSet from Stateless EJB.

1. Using CachedRowSet from Stateless EJB. (3 messages)

I am using Weblogic 5.1 and Oracle8.05 along with Sun's implementation of CachedRowSet. I am trying to create and populate CachedRowSet with in a stateless Sesssion Bean method. At the time of invoking populate, I get following error message.

java.lang.IllegalAccessError: try to access class sun/jdbc/rowset/Row from class sun/jdbc/rowset/CachedRowSet
    at sun.jdbc.rowset.CachedRowSet.populate(CachedRowSet.java:608)

Any suggestions, what could be causing it? The same code works fine from a java class outside the Session Bean.

Thanks,
    Vijay Shrivastava
  2. Vijay,

I don't have an answer for you about your problem, but I was interested in your motivations/experiences with the cachedrowset. Why did you decide to use it? What advantages does it provide?

Floyd
  3. Flyod,

The reason for using CachedRowSet is, it is serializable, scrollable, disconnect ResultSet, with optimistic concurrency control and very suitable for our application(thin clients). Once data is retrived, Databse connection can be freed. Client of the bean can operate on CachedRowSet. Changes to the CachedRowSet can be persited later.

Thanks,
    Vijay

4. Maybe the problem is in security manager? Try to run WebLogic with weblogic.policy which grants all priveleges.