New release of OJB object/relational mapping tool

Discussions

News: New release of OJB object/relational mapping tool

1. ObJectRelationalBridge (OJB) is an open source Object/Relational mapping tool that provides transparent persistence for Java Objects against relational databases. It is useful Servlet and EJB scenarios to provide persistence for your domain model. A JDO compliant API is also planned.

read more @ http://objectbridge.sourceforge.net.
  2. I was going to write directly to the development group but a message on the server side is better.

I was looking for an open source O/R tool that was 'non-intrusive' and simple to use/configure. The Object Relational Bridge is just that. No extending a common base class to allow for persistence, simple XML configuration and pretty easy to follow.

Thanks to the team for there efforts.

Chris Mein
  3. Looks interesting. But, I can't seem to be able
    to download it from sourceforge
  4. I downloaded the OJB source distribution just today without problems. There is a download link, which can be easily found.

I spent last night studying the well written tutorials. There aren't actually so many open source projects around having good documentation, so OJB is a great exception to this.
  5. vs Castor ?[ Go to top ]

I have been using Castor for a while and even though its lack of working examples was a pain , I found it very useful .The OJB o/r mapping tool also offers functionality similar to Castor , although Castor is non compliant with any standards. Would you be interested in benchmarking this against Cator ?
  6. Has anybody tried OBJ in a complex application? I am interested to know the performance aspects of it. We want to consider this as the persistence framework for our fairly complex J2EE (not EJBs though) application using DB2. Any recommendations? Thanks!