Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: File Uploading - Virus Scanning

1. File Uploading - Virus Scanning (4 messages)

Hi, <BR>
    We are developing an application using sevlets/JSP on Tomcat. Our application provides a file uplaoding functionality to the users. <BR>
    We have to implement the virus scanning on the uploaded files. We could not get a clue of any software that can provide an interface to Java. Please suggest us any kind of virus scan softwares that can be used for such applications(even though it doesnt provide the interface API for Java).

Thanks in advance
    Murali

Threaded Messages (4)

2. File Uploading - Virus Scanning[ Go to top ]

if you can find a command line virus scanner, you may be able to use the Runtime class to execute a scan on a file and based on the output of the program, display to the user whether or not the file is clean.

3. file upload[ Go to top ]

Hi professionals,

i am developing chat programm, with in that, i need to tranfer a file from one client to another client.

before sending file. i need to check whether the file has affected by virus or not .

i developed client in java.

i couldn't get any clue.

Please suggest us any kind of virus scan softwares that can be used for such applications(even though it doesnt provide the interface API for Java)

waiting for your reply
  4. Hi:

The Agency has a web application that needs content filtering software or an appliance.
    The applications run on zLinux s/390 Novell platform using Java servlets.
    There seems to be no software available that will run on that platform with our Kernel.
    We really want software or an appliance that can work with our applications through an API
    and then notify our programs in real time if a virus was found.
    If the appliance can improve performance all the better.

Mike Fatula
    Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency - PHEAA
    mfatula at pheaa dot org

(717) 720-2929
  5. Re: File Uploading - Virus Scanning[ Go to top ]

Hi Murali, Check out Metascan from OPSWAT (www.opswat.com); it is an API that supports integration of many AV packages and has a Java interface. Product also comes with 6 AV engines built-in. Regards, Tom
    Hi,

We are developing an application using sevlets/JSP on Tomcat. Our application provides a file uplaoding functionality to the users.

We have to implement the virus scanning on the uploaded files. We could not get a clue of any software that can provide an interface to Java. Please suggest us any kind of virus scan softwares that can be used for such applications(even though it doesnt provide the interface API for Java).

Thanks in advance
    Murali