Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Compiler failed executable.exec

1. Compiler failed executable.exec (2 messages)

Hi,

After creating the jar file when I try to generate the container in Weblogic(I am using Weblogic server 5.1,Weblogic service pack 5,jdk1.2.2) it gives me the following error

In the message section it gives

Compiler failed executable.exec([Ljava.lang.String;[C:/jdk1.2.2/bin/javac.exe, -classpath, d:\weblogicdown\myserver\serverclasses;d:\weblogicdown\jre1_2\lib\tools.jar;d:\weblogicdown\jre1_2\jre\lib\rt.jar;d:\weblogicdown\jre1_2\jre\lib\i18n.jar;d:\weblogicdown\license;d:\weblogicdown\classes\boot;d:\weblogicdown\classes;d:\weblogicdown\lib\weblogicaux.jar;d:\weblogicdown\eval\cloudscape\lib\cloudscape.jar;d:\weblogicdown\license;d:\weblogicdown\classes;d:\weblogicdown\myserver\serverclasses;d:\weblogicdown\lib\weblogicaux.jar;C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\account1\ejb-jar;;C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar;;C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar, -d, C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar, C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar\Account\AccountBeanHomeImpl.java, C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar\Account\AccountBeanEOImpl.java])

In the console section it gives

C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar\Account\AccountBeanHomeImpl.java:13: class Account.AccountBeanHomeImpl ???C???^?t?F?[?X Account.Account. AccountHome ?????????????????B

implements Account.AccountHome

^

C:\WINNT\Profiles\Administrator\.ejbdeployer\provider-projects\Account1\ejb-jar\Account\AccountBeanEOImpl.java:13: class Account.AccountBeanEOImpl ???C???^?t?F?[?X Account.Account. Account ?????????????????B

implements Account.Account, weblogic.ejb.internal.MethodConstants

^

?G???[ 2 ??

Actually Weblogic is generating the files named AccountBeanHomeImpl.java and AccountBeanEOImpl.java but is unable to compile them.As these files are automatically generated by Weblogic and we are not supposed to edit it,how do I rectify this error.
    Please help me.

With Regards
    Prasanta
  2. Compiler failed executable.exec[ Go to top ]

Weblogic container compiles the jar files to generate his own container class files.

So, You jar file should contain

1) ejb-jar.xml ( The deploment descriptor file describing your ejb properties).
     2) Manifest.mf file.
     3) All your bean class file.

weblogic compiler reads ejb-jar.xml file and generate his own class files creating its own DD file

weblogic-ejb.jar.xml

please check whether anything wrong in xml file or
     the path of compiler which weblogic is using.

Suresh
  3. Compiler failed executable.exec[ Go to top ]

Hi Suresh,
    Thanks for the response....I have some queries.
    When we create jar files using Weblogic deployer tool,it automatically generates the ejb-jar.xml as well as weblogic-jar.xml files.How is it that some times there are errors related to ejb-jar.xml files.....Is it because there is some problem with Weblogic or some other problem....

Prasanta