General J2EE: How to migrate code from C to Java - URGENT
- Posted by: A JP
- Posted on: March 09 2002 20:32 EST
I have an application written in C & C++. The server side componenets of the application is written in C++, and the client side component is written in C. Now, the organization has decided to migrate the client side component written in C to Java.
1. Is there any optimal procedure for migrating code from C to Jva.
2. Do I got to use technologies like JNI or CORBA for this.
Please do throw some lights on this.
IT IS URGENT
- How to migrate code from C to Java - URGENT by Michael Bergin on March 10 2002 10:18 EST
- How to migrate code from C to Java - URGENT by Amit Rathi on March 20 2002 02:35 EST
- C# to java Converter by Zarfishan zahid on May 24 2012 04:55 EDT
Can you be a little more specific? How does your client communicate with your server tier?
There is no any CodeConverter that can generate C to JAVA code.If u got a job to migrate C to JAVA then u have to write the code for that but I can give u a suggestion that keep ur API which is responsable for communication with server in C and use the JNI calls to pass the parameter and get the response.
If ur parameters and responses are too complex the u can think over using XML to pass c as parameter and getting response.
There is no direct way to migrate the code from c to java.
Java client can access c code methods by using JNI calls.
Group c code APIS in one DLL & call those methods from java code by using JNI calls.
Refere Java Tutorial for JNI Help.
Try this free tool C# to Java Converter , just upload your code and it will be converted to java code instantly