Java2iiop Blues? No collections.

Discussions

EJB design: Java2iiop Blues? No collections.

1. Java2iiop Blues? No collections. (1 messages)

Recently I used my spiffy tool TogetherControlCenter to fix collections usage throughout the code. I made attributes be of type Set where they were HashSet before. I made HashMap objects into Map objects and I made TreeSet objects into SortedSet objects and LinkedList objects into List objects.

I changed it so that the actual class types are only used in instantiation. These changes happened throughout our data model, the object representation of our database, and then I ran it through java2iiop and BOOOM.

I kept gettign errors claiming that I was missing a class and possibly had a classpath problem. I traced this back to a method that returns one of our data model objects. All of them are marked as serializable, because basically their base classes are serializable.

So, what gives ? Anyone know? Can I not use the Collection interfaces in this manner ?
  2. Aren't the classes you changed the references to interfaces? Or even abstract classes?

I can't remember for sure, and it's a LONG time since I did anything with CORBA, but I seem to recall problems with one of these two types.

Take a look into that to see if you can spot a common thread.

HTH

Chz

Tony