Very urgent......help me: Weblogic 6.1 to oracle 8i (2-message)

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Very urgent......help me: Weblogic 6.1 to oracle 8i (2-message)

1. the error message iam getting is:

Starting Loading jDriver/Oracle .....

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327

---------- LOGIN ERROR CODE: 24327
    <Mar 27, 2002 3:26:37 PM IST> <Error> <JDBC> <Cannot startup connection pool "oraclepool" weblogi
    mon.ResourceException:
    Could not create pool connection. The DBMS driver exception was:
    java.sql.SQLException: Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-24327 - (SCOTT/********@
    o)
            at weblogic.db.oci.OciConnection.getLDAException(OciConnection.java:161)
            at weblogic.jdbc.oci.Driver.connect(Driver.java:112)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.makeConnection(ConnectionEnvFactory
    :192)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionEnvFactory.createResource(ConnectionEnvFactory
    :134)
            at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.makeResources(ResourceAllocator.java:698)
            at weblogic.common.internal.ResourceAllocator.<init>(ResourceAllocator.java:282)

etc.............

help me soonnn
    reply to kannan_office at rediffmail dot com

2. do you have all your properties set for the connection pool settings?

user=scott
    password=tiger
    dll=ocijdbc8
    protocol=thin

and in your jdbc URL it should be:
    jdbc:oracle:thin:@host.domain.com:9999:DBNAME

This is assuming you're using the Oracle Thin Driver
    oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
  3. he's actually using type 2, not type 4 drivers (you can see the OCI in the stack trace). Anyways, does your tnsnames.ora specify oraclepool in it?

m.
  4. SCOTT/********@o

It looks like you are trying to login to the Oracle instance with a TNSNAME of "o". Does this exist in the tnsnames.ora file?

Is your ORACLE_HOME environment variable set properly? Is the shared library search path set properly to include the oracle native libraries (as well as the weblogic native libraries for Oracle)?

Hope this helps,
    Robert