Discussions

EJB design: Basic Question on Application Design

1. Basic Question on Application Design (4 messages)

Hi there,

I'm in charge of research J2EE technology for my company, thus quite newbie in this area, but familiar with some concepts like distributed systems, patterns and frameworks.

I have a basic question, perhaps TOO basic... I've just started to read CORE J2EE PATTERNS, and I like to know if the bunch of interconnecting patterns presented in the book
    could provide a generic FrameWork like a "library tier" for any kind of project, or I just could use it as a kind of "analysis reuse" resource, ie in a new project Instead of start it from ground, I'll have a basic skelleton of the flows of the system "pre" idealized.

I have no practice *yet* on develop this kind of system. Any help, like documentation, FAQs, examples, cases... will be welcome.

Thank You,

Nilseu Padilha

2. I'm not exactly sure if I understood your question completely. But if you are looking for some kind of "framework" to reduce the low-level programming in Web/EJB, check out Struts or WebWork. There are others too - proprietary ones like the Cajun framework (if you're using BEA Weblogic).

HTH.
    --Das

3. You had answer me, and I already take a look at Jakarta's Strut page, then i get some info about Velocity templates. I've imagined something like that.

Do you have any opinion about the classes and tags that come with Oracle Jdeveloper (jbo)? I guess that it is a Model 1 library...

Thank You,

Nilseu Padilha
  4. I'm not familiar with that specific framework - but I would assume that it is a proprietary framework with all the advantages & disadvantages that a proprietary framework carries ... maybe you should check the Oracle site for more docs etc.

--Das
  5. If you are evaluating web application frameworks, make sure you look at Tapestry (http://tapestry.sourceforge.net). IMHO it is much superior to struts/JSP.

Tom