1. Tabs in JSP (3 messages)

Hi,

How easy or hard is it to produce Tabbed Pages using JSP's?

I've looked at Amazon, Expedia and a few other sites, and they all seem to use ASP for their Tabs.

We are building a prototype of a system, and want to use some sort of tabbed dialogues/pages. We don't want to promise something that can't be implemented, or will too complex.

As you can probably guess, I'm not too hot on JSP's :-)

If anyone knows of any sites using Tabbed Pages/JSP, please let me know, and I'll take a look.

Cheers,
    Rick

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Tabs in JSP[ Go to top ]

Presenting "tabs" on HTML pages is more of a matter of working with HTML and images rather than the server-side logic. If you actually look at the Amazon HTML you will notice that they created both an "on" and "off" look for each tab and then display the current section's tab as on with the rest off.

FWIW - look at the "tabs" at the top of this page. This is the exact same thing (albeit not as pretty.)

Sincerely,
    Anthony Eden
  3. Tabs in JSP[ Go to top ]

I agree absolutely. Our web site has quite nice and flexible tabbed reports - all of the tabbing behvaior is implemented as DHMTL/Javascript for IE and simple server roundtrip for Netscape (we grew lazy and disenchanted with the 'browser of choice'). Works fine and quite maintainable once you manage to separate tabbing logic from 'screen' display.
  4. Tabs in JSP[ Go to top ]

Thanks for the info guys.

Cheers,
    Rick