Discussions

XML & Web services: calling Java WebService frm ASP.NET

1. calling Java WebService frm ASP.NET (4 messages)

Hi,

I was wondering if I could get some help on calling a java webservice from ASP.NET
  2. Hi there

Add a Web reference to your project by pointing to your wsdl document or your registry server.
    .Net creates the stubs/proxies for you, and you can call your webservice through this proxy.

I used Apache Axis beta 2 to create the web service.
    The server code make calls to some EJBs to do some business stuff.
    Works fine..
  3. Hi,
        Whatever you replied, makes sense. And I am sure it must have worked for you. But it is not working for me. I mean creating .NET (C#) proxy client for my APache SOAP 2.2 Web Service. I hosted my webservice on Tomcat 4.0. But, It doesn't allow me to add web reference in my .NET client project.
        Can you you tell me what could be the problem?

Thanks,
  4. Hi Gopal

You said
    "But, It doesn't allow me to add web reference in my .NET client project"..

Is there some kind of error message, while adding the reference?.. or is it when you start calling methods through the proxy?

If it's while adding your reference your WSDL document is somehow corrupted. I think I've read in an article/newsgroup, stating that the Apache Soap implementation did not genereate the correct ".NET'd" (read: dot-netted) WSDL document.

How do you add the reference?? Direct (ie. through "file://C:\myservice.wsdl)") or through Tomcat?

If it's when calling the service, it could be marshalling and unmarshalling the parameters and result.

This might be a silly question, but did you install the rpc router servlet in tomcat, and made sure it's running.?

HTH

Regards
    /HG

5. Hi I have written .net client for java webservece.i used axis2 webservice angine in tomacat to deploy the webservice.it is very easy.i was sucessful. Plese refer http://www.simpleguidewebservice.blogspot.com/ Dhanushka