Cactus 1.3 Unit Testing Framework Released

Discussions

News: Cactus 1.3 Unit Testing Framework Released

1. Cactus 1.3 Unit Testing Framework Released (3 messages)

Cactus is a simple test framework for unit testing server-side java code (Servlets, EJBs, Tag Libs, Filters, etc), an open source project, part of Apache Jakarta. The intent of Cactus is to lower the cost of writing tests for server-side code. It uses JUnit and extends it. Cactus 1.3 is the first major release since September, it corrects a lot of bugs and brings some significant new features.

Check out Cactus.

Read the Change Log.
  2. According to the change log, Cactus uses AspectJ for logging and others technical cross concerns.
    Glad to hear it ! I guess we have here one of the very first use of Aspect Oriented Programing in a practical sense. Should be interesting to have a look at the Cactus code !

Laurent
  3. Aspect Oriented Programming[ Go to top ]

Those who can remember CLOS (Common Lisp Object System) know that this has been around for, well, could it be several decades now? Of course we didn't have such a fancy name as Aspect Oriented Programming back then we just called them before and after-methods, and occasionally we built a method-combinator for really cool things such as producing the sum of all methods in the inheritance chain.

Funny thing though, I've actually heard real programs have been released implemented in CLOS. And working!

:-)
  4. Aspect Oriented Programming[ Go to top ]

Wow! I bet you had running water and 'lectricity too!