weblogic6.1 creating connection pool error

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: weblogic6.1 creating connection pool error

1. weblogic6.1 creating connection pool error (3 messages)

hi,
    I was not able to create a connection pool in weblogic 6.1 but the same url is working fine in weblogic 5.1

url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION= (ADDRESS_LIST=(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=TCP)(HOST=10.131.255.24)(PORT=1521)))(CONNECT_DATA=(INSTANCE_NAME=HERO)(SERVICE_NAME=HERO)))

and the driver is also in classpath. It's giving exception
    oracle.net.TNSAddress.SOException
            at oracle.net.TNSAddress.ServiceAlias.initFromNVPair(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.net.TNSAddress.ServiceAlias.initFromString(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAddrTree(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.net.resolver.AddrResolution.resolveAndExecute(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.establishConnection(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.net.ns.NSProtocol.connect(Unknown Source)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.connect(TTC7Protocol.java:1213)
            at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTC7Protocol.logon(TTC7Protocol.java:209)
            at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.<init>(OracleConnection.java:246)

2. It looks like an LD_LIBRARY_PATH issue

SOException typically stands for shared object, so it probably can't read the .so files it needs to from oracle....just mod the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include it appropriately.

m.
  3. Though it looks as if he's using the thin driver, so he shouldn't need any native code (i.e. .so files)

Jim
  4. ahh...i should actually read next time...i'm so used to getting the other one.

if it's an initFromNVPair then it's one of a couple other things...I've seen it if you pass some other connection parameters (like it usually chokes on server=) or it might just not be able to find the tnsnames.ora file.