connection pool using type IV drivers on weblogic server

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: connection pool using type IV drivers on weblogic server

1. I am trying to use the TypeIV drivers on weblogic server. The server gives the following error when it is started. I am not able to relate the problem to connection pool. I would be very thankful if anybody could suggest the reason for such a problem and give a solution.

Error Messages:

Tue Oct 10 17:19:36 GMT+03:00 2000:<W> <Security Realm> Principal 'joe' does not
     exist in properties file, and cannot (yet) be added to ACL 'weblogic.jdbc.conne
    ctionPool.oraclePool'
    Tue Oct 10 17:19:36 GMT+03:00 2000:<W> <Security Realm> Principal 'jill' does no
    t exist in properties file, and cannot (yet) be added to ACL 'weblogic.jdbc.conn
    ectionPool.oraclePool'
    Tue Oct 10 17:19:36 GMT+03:00 2000:<W> <WebLogicServer> Found undeclared propert
    y: props
    Tue Oct 10 17:19:36 GMT+03:00 2000:<W> <WebLogicServer> Found undeclared propert
    y: capacityIncrement
    y: url
    y: shrinkPeriodMins
    y: allowShrinking
    y: refreshMinutes
    y: maxCapacity
    y: testTable
    y: initialCapacity
    y: driver
    y: loginDelaySecs
  2. Seems like the problem is in your weblogic.properties file. Check that all your properties have correct syntax and are set appropriately. If possible, post your property file here, and I will try to help you out.
  3.  The relevant part of my properties file follows:

weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool=\
    url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:orbit,\
    driver=oraclejdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
    loginDelaySecs=1,\
    initialCapacity=4,\
    maxCapacity=10,\
    capacityIncrement=2,\
    allowShrinking=true,\
    shrinkPeriodMins=15,\
    refreshMinutes=10,\
    testTable=dual,\
    props=user=system;password=manager
      weblogic.allow.reserve.weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool=\
            guest,joe,jill

I have tried doing with the typeII drivers and it is working.

4. The only error I could spot was the missing period in the driver property:
       driver=oraclejdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\
    should be:
       driver=oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,\

Otherwise it looks similar to our settings. I also guess that you have registered the users in the property file...?
  5. hello trond,

I corrected my prop file. But then also the same problem is coming. it says that 'missing startup value "url"'. The problem is not clear. The error code follows :

Wed Oct 11 12:56:39 GMT+03:00 2000:<I> <JDBC Pool> Creating connection pool orac
    lePool with:
    {poolName=oraclePool, aclName=weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.oraclePool}
    Wed Oct 11 12:56:39 GMT+03:00 2000:<E> <JDBC Pool> Failed to create connection p
    ool "oraclePool"
    java.lang.Exception: Missing startup value "url" in JDBC Connection Pool oracleP
    ool
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.getPoolValue(ConnectionP
    ool.java:359)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.ConnectionPool.startup(ConnectionPool.j
    ava:246)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.initPools(JdbcInfo.java, Compi
    led Code)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcInfo.startup(JdbcInfo.java:200)
            at weblogic.jdbc.common.internal.JdbcStartup.main(JdbcStartup.java:11)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.runMain(StartupThread.java:219)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.StartupThread.doWork(StartupThread.java, Compiled Co
    de)
            at weblogic.t3.srvr.PropertyExecuteThread.run(PropertyExecuteThread.java
    :62)
  6. I may have found your problem; at least I managed to get the same kind of errors on my computer. The problem seems to be whitespaces in the property file:

Remove all whitespaces behind the backshlases (\) in the property file, for example:
    weblogic.jdbc.connectionPool.XOPool=\<-- *HERE*
    url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@ilmyggo:1521:ilmyggo,\<-- *HERE*

If this works for you, feel free to flame WebLogic support :)
  7. sumit if u still face this problem try reseting the values for ACL ( Accese Control List ) in the weblogic properties file !
  8. Everything is fine in the properties file. Actually when i use oraclepool with oci drivers then it works. But when i try to use typeIV drivers then it gives strange errors. It says 'Found undeclared property props' and then the Exception is raised.
    The error is probabaly not with acl.
  9. Thanks trond & Amit,

My problem is solved. I copied a new properties file and it started working. Probably the reason was empty spaces. I infact compared the new and the old file using MSWord and word was also not able to detect the dissimilarity between two files.

Thanks& Regards
     sumit