If you are an SCJP ..... please answer

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: If you are an SCJP ..... please answer

1. If you are an SCJP ..... please answer (6 messages)

hello,
     now i'm doing my diploma in mech,working for a dot com co.
     well to do with java,applications and applets etc.
     i wanna appear for the SCJP...
      ... will this increase my market value,
     if yes , what is the supportive experience demanded then.

or else will the market still demand a BE .

also guide me to some online question banks for the test.

Thanking you in anticipation,
     Arthur Rodricks
  2. If you are an SCJP ..... please answer[ Go to top ]

Hi,

It will definitely support... In feature if you are not SCJP your not eligable...for java related vacencies....

if you go 'javaranch.com' you will find lot of guidence how to prepare. which bookes to follow...etc... it is a very good place for scjp people who are going to appear...

bye
    Satish
  3. If you are an SCJP ..... please answer[ Go to top ]

Hi,

It will definitely support... In feature if you are not SCJP your not eligable...for java related vacencies....

if you go 'javaranch.com' you will find lot of guidence how to prepare. which bookes to follow...etc... it is a very good place for SCJP.

bye
    Satish

4.  To answer your Q, yes it will help you. The SCJP will help most for those individuals who have 0-1.5 years of industry
    level of experience. Managers do differ on the value of certification though. But overall, SCJP certification is at times equated to about 6months-1yr of industry experience. Plus it will solidify your fundamentals of Java, something that many senior java developers still lack at times.

In addition, if you are aiming for a more concentrated career as a java developer, I suggest that you consider taking the Developer exam as well.
  5. I am also preparing for this SCJP. I am using the book called Complete Certification Guide bye Simon Roberts, Heller and another author. Is the book sufficient for the exam or what.. I have heard that this book can answer most of the questions and one need not go for any detailed study.. IF anyone has any suggestions plzzz reply..
    Thanks in advance
  6. you can check http://www.techfaq360.com/reg.jsp Declarations, Initialization and Scoping Set-1 Exception Set-2 Var-args Set-3 Autoboxing/unboxing Set-4 enum types Set-5 Collections/Generics Set-6 Thread and Concurrency Set-7 Files and Serializable Set-8 Class and Class Hierarchy Set-9 Mix Set-10 Mix Set-11 Mix Set-12 Mix Set-13 Mix Set-14 Mix Set-15 You will get good exposure ..
  7. Re: If you are an SCJP ..... please answer[ Go to top ]

I have already appeared for SCJP last month .. got very good score .. 93 percentile .. I have purchased SCJP 5.0 success kit from http://www.techfaq360.com This kit helps me lot and i read the kathy e book also