where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"

Discussions

General J2EE: where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"

1. where is the "weblogic_sp.jar" (4 messages)

hello

i bind my jbuilder6 with the evaluation version of the weblogic6.10 with sp2,when i compile my program,the jbuilder tell me:

Could not find C:/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/weblogic_sp.jar to copy to WebApp TestClient; file is defined as element of library WebLogic 6.x Client

then i check the "C:/bea/wlserver6.1/lib/" directory,there is not "weblogic_ap.jar" file there,why?

thanks in advance!

Threaded Messages (4)

2. where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"[ Go to top ]

Hi,

weblogic_sp.jar is the service pack file that comes with some versions of weblogic. 6.1 sp 2 doesn't have a weblogic_sp.jar file.

Options for you:

1. convice jbuilder that it doesn't really want this file. (Is this version of jbilder configurable, or have they hardcoded everything for your convenience like in jbuilder 5?)

2. create an empty jar file called "weblogic_sp.jar" and put it the weblogic lib directory.

3. build your own ant scripts to compile your project. It will probably save you lots of time anyway.

Cheers,

Daniel.
  3. where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"[ Go to top ]

thanks Daniel:
    according to your instruction,i have successfully cheated the jbuilder by creating a empty "weblogic_sp.jar" file,but it throw another exception as follow:

java.lang.reflect.UndeclaredThrowableException: java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1
    at java.lang.String.substring(String.java:1525)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.resolveManifestName(WebAppHelper.java:469)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppHelper.extractClassFiles(WebAppHelper.java:234)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.extractClassFiles(WebAppServletContext.java:3407)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setDocroot(WebAppServletContext.java:3376)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.init(WebAppServletContext.java:862)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.<init>(WebAppServletContext.java:815)
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:428)
    at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)
    at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:163)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:329)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:144)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServer.java:76)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
    at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:359)
    at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1555)
    at com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:1523)
    at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:468)
    at weblogic.management.internal.MBeanProxy.invoke(MBeanProxy.java:209)
    at $Proxy30.addWebDeployment(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.WebServerMBean_CachingStub.addWebDeployment(WebServerMBean_CachingStub.java:1121)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:315)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:279)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:193)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invokeLocally(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:636)
    at weblogic.management.internal.DynamicMBeanImpl.invoke(DynamicMBeanImpl.java:621)
    at weblogic.management.internal.ConfigurationMBeanImpl.invoke(ConfigurationMBeanImpl.java:359)
    at $Proxy29.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeployments(ServerMBean_CachingStub.java:2761)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManager(ApplicationManager.java:370)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(ApplicationManager.java:160)
    at $Proxy38.start(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.start(ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.java:480)
    at weblogic.management.Admin.startApplicationManager(Admin.java:1180)
    at weblogic.management.Admin.finish(Admin.java:590)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:518)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:203)
    at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
    --------------- nested within: ------------------
    weblogic.j2ee.DeploymentException: Could not load test - with nested exception:
    [java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: -1]
    at weblogic.servlet.internal.HttpServer.loadWebApp(HttpServer.java:431)
    at weblogic.j2ee.WebAppComponent.deploy(WebAppComponent.java:74)
    at weblogic.j2ee.Application.addComponent(Application.java:163)
    at weblogic.j2ee.J2EEService.addDeployment(J2EEService.java:117)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:329)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:144)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.WebServer.addWebDeployment(WebServer.java:76)
    at $Proxy30.addWebDeployment(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.WebServerMBean_CachingStub.addWebDeployment(WebServerMBean_CachingStub.java:1121)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployment(DeploymentTarget.java:315)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.addDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:279)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateServerDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:233)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.DeploymentTarget.updateDeployments(DeploymentTarget.java:193)
    at $Proxy29.updateDeployments(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.ServerMBean_CachingStub.updateDeployments(ServerMBean_CachingStub.java:2761)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.startConfigManager(ApplicationManager.java:370)
    at weblogic.management.mbeans.custom.ApplicationManager.start(ApplicationManager.java:160)
    at $Proxy38.start(Unknown Source)
    at weblogic.management.configuration.ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.start(ApplicationManagerMBean_CachingStub.java:480)
    at weblogic.management.Admin.startApplicationManager(Admin.java:1180)
    at weblogic.management.Admin.finish(Admin.java:590)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.start(T3Srvr.java:518)
    at weblogic.t3.srvr.T3Srvr.run(T3Srvr.java:203)
    at weblogic.Server.main(Server.java:35)
    >

it seem like that my web application can't be deployed to the weblogic server?could you help me again?

thank you again!
  4. where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"[ Go to top ]

Close but no cigar eh?

That's a nice exception!

The only guess I can make is the following:

Jbuilder (or weblogic?) is looking for the Manifest.mf file in your jar file. Since it is empty, it can't find it and throws a stuipd exception.

I can think of a few things to try here:
    1. Copy weblogic.jar to weblogic_sp.jar (at least it will find a legal jar - I don't know if there will be a problem with conflicts)

if that fails because of confligs try:

2. Get hold of any other jar file which has a Manifest.mf in it.

Let me know if that works.

Daniel.
  5. where is the "weblogic_sp.jar"[ Go to top ]

Juste remove any reference to this jar from both Weblogic 6.x libraries in JBuilder 6. You don't need that jar file... Just don't ask me why, I unfortunately don't know... I guess it was used in previous WL releases!?