I need to parse MS Project File through Java so that I can retrieve data from it and store it in Database. Could anyone plz help me ......
- Posted by: Syed Shariq Kalam
- Posted on: August 09 2002 08:30 EDT
- Parsing MS Project File through Java by Jeryl Cook on August 20 2002 10:53 EDT
- MPXJ app = just what you need by John Lewis on August 24 2009 16:58 EDT
- OpenProj by Bob Dietrich on August 24 2009 22:40 EDT
A project file is a persisent object stored by MS Project software. it can be deserlized using MS Porject, my best suggestion is u somehow find the COM object(.dll) that handles deserilizing the object, but ev then u would have to use some kind of COm-Javabean bridge. to use the object
MS Project 2002 has an option to save the project file as a (quite readable) XML file.
not all versions of ms project has the option to save as an XML file.
Check out the MPXJ library -- http://mpxj.sourceforge.net/ Using it, you can access MS Project files from Java. HTH John
OpenProj also has a library to read/write Project files. See http://sourceforge.net/projects/openproj/files/. It's not completely open source - I think there are a few critical modules you don't get source for. Bob