Discussions

General J2EE: JTable and Database connections - urgent

1. JTable and Database connections - urgent (2 messages)

Can someone give me an example or link of how JTable works with JDBC to connect to database. PLease help.
  2. Hi,

I am trying to do exactly this at the moment with Sybase . It all depends on what you want to do with the data in the JTable. If u only want to provide a readonly access you simply need to add the ResultSet(Making it SCROLLABLE).
    You will find the source code here
    http://java.oreilly.com/news/javaex_ex.html

The problems begin when you want to ResultSet to be updatable and want to update the underlying database using the JTAble Front end. Here you need to find if the JDBC driver you use is fully compliant with JDBC 2.0. For example the jconnect driver of Sybase only allows updatable ResultSet in FORWARD_ONLY cursurs. Hence I need to use other strategies. Follow the url above and the documentation for yoiur jdbc drivers and you will find a way around your problems.

3. I am trying to make a JTable on a webbrowser. So trying to put it in a JApplet and work. Do you have any example where it can be used on the web? The Java examples book has a application example...