ej-technologies Releases JProfiler 2.1

Discussions

News: ej-technologies Releases JProfiler 2.1

1. ej-technologies Releases JProfiler 2.1 (7 messages)

ej-technologies has released JProfiler 2.1, its all-purpose J2SE and J2EE profiler. Profilers are tools that monitor run time statistics of a java program, allowing you to find performance problems, memory leaks, solve threading problems, etc. JProfiler integrates with Eclipse, JBuilder and Netbeans.

Check out JProfiler. A trial version and a feature limited free version for the Netbeans IDE are also available.

New features in JProfiler 2.1 include:

* New call tree collection method: sampling allows for rapid troubleshooting of bottlenecks without filters.
    * Free JProfiler Monitoring Edition for Netbeans/Sun ONE Studio
    * New IDE integrations for Eclipse, Netbeans 3.4 and Borland JBuilder
    * New application server integrations for Websphere 5.0 and Sun ONE Application server 6.5
    * Reduced memory footprint
    * Many enhancements and usability improvements

Threaded Messages (7)

2. I have tried it. Looks OK and I faced much less problems using this app than JProbe. In fact, JProbe was unable to start my WLS beyond the point where it reads config.xml :( JProfile booted it fine.

There were some glitches - CPU load of 100%, etc... - but I was able to collect some valuable data. And there is only one (default) profiling mechanizm in trial - they modify bytecode on load. That lead to my JSP failure - method body exceeds 64k blah blah blah... Other than that I'd say it is a nice tool.

PS
    I do *not* work for ej ;)
  3. Thanks for your positive comment.

>And there is only one (default) profiling mechanizm in >trial - they modify bytecode on load. That lead to my JSP >failure - method body exceeds 64k blah blah blah...

The trial version is not feature limited in any way. It offers "dynamic instrumentation" (which can lead to the error you described, especially for JSPs), "full instrumentation" (rather slow), and "sampling" (fast, but lower information depth).

You can change the call tree collection mode by modifying "calltreecollection=..." in the generated WLS startup script. I'd recommend setting it to "calltreecollection=sampling" for your case.

Cheers,

Ingo
  4. ej-technologies Releases JProfiler 2.1[ Go to top ]

any plans for a 'feature limited' *free* version for Eclipse?
  5. ej-technologies Releases JProfiler 2.1[ Go to top ]

any plans for a 'feature limited' *free* version for Eclipse?

Not at this time, sorry. JProfiler Monitoring Edition is currently only available for Netbeans/Sun ONE Studio.
  6. I don't know.
  7. Does JProbe with JBoss ?[ Go to top ]

Hi,

Does JProbe works with JBoss 3.x

Thanks,
  8. JProbe[ Go to top ]

How does this compare to JProbe?

http://www.sitraka.com/software/jprobe/