Do I really need a messaging product to do JMS?

Discussions

General J2EE: Do I really need a messaging product to do JMS?

1. Do I really need a messaging product to do JMS? (3 messages)

Do I really need a messaging product to do JMS?
    Don't all 1.3-compliant JVMs come with JMS implementations? I know those implementations don't come close to real, productiong-quality messaging products like MQSeries.
    But I only need to use JMS in a very small way.
    Is the implementation in, say, WebLogic, enough to run a very limited use of JMS?

Oh, by the way, is the Open3 JMS 1.0 implementation still available anywhere? www.open3.org seems dead.
  2. The "JVM" (did you mean SDK or JDK?) does not come with an implementation for the JMS API.

In my opinion, WebLogic's implementation of JMS is perfectly fine if you're not about to do some world-class-heavy-weight messaging.
  3. If you want something that is free, take a look at OpenJMS. It was used on a project that I worked on once and I was impressed.
  4. Jboos JMS messging[ Go to top ]

I don't know why you all are not taking about the JBOSS JMS messaging as it is free and also easy to configure and use. as well as you can also make persistence store to your mysql type of database for your JBOSS JMS. Both are open source and very easy to use as well as it is very reliable.