EJB programming & troubleshooting: Generate MS Word
Can a Java application, generate a MS Word report at the client side using an oracle database from the server.
If yes, can you give me the code.
- Generate MS Word by Joonas Lyytinen on October 24 2002 07:27 EDT
- Generate MS Word by Rhys Keepence on October 24 2002 09:26 EDT
- Generate MS Word by Leonard Gurevich on October 26 2002 01:11 EDT
- Generate MS Word by ananth krishnan on October 28 2002 04:57 EST
- Generate MS Word by David Thielen on April 21 2005 08:47 EDT
- Re: Generate MS Word by Paul Jowett on September 22 2008 23:33 EDT
I guess you could do this by using HDF (Horrible Document Format :) tool from Apache's Jakarta project. It supports both read and write in Word 97 format.
If you are writing a web application, you could write a servlet that generates the report in HTML, and sets the mime type to 'x-application/ms-word'.
I think .rtf format would be easy to build and send to browser.
There is a website called jacob.org (im not sure whether the web site is up and running).
That uses a dll file in the java classpath, provides a jar file too and then you can programatically invoke the Msft applications from java.
If you need it to try, pls write to me at ananth_k at lgsoftindia dot com
http://www.windwardreports.com can do this.
thanks - dave
Docmosis can generate Word, PDF and ODF documents at the server. It has free and enterprise versions depending on how many documents you need to generate per minute: http://www.docmosis.com/