EJB Deployment

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: EJB Deployment

1. EJB Deployment (4 messages)

May be this question was asked several times,

How can I deploy an EJB without stopping the weblogic server ? Is it possible when the server is running in Production mode ?

Thanx

Threaded Messages (4)

2. EJB Deployment[ Go to top ]

If you want Weblogic to auto-deploy your beans (for 6.1 and up), you have to be in Production mode. YOu copy the jar output from ejbc to the applications directory of your domain (for 6.1 it would be $BEA_HOME/wlserver6.1/your_domain/applications).

In production mode, though, you should be able to go into the console, select the EJB, undeploy it, and then redeploy it manually.

What I've done is when I update the production server, and have added or removed EJBs, bounce it in development mode so it sucks everything up and configures all the EJBs and then bounce it again in production mode.
  3. EJB Deployment[ Go to top ]

Thanks for you response.

I tried to do the second step you have mention (undeploy/deploy through console), but my new jar never got picked up. Then, I completly deleted the jar and tried to re-install, that failed too.

Is you third step (bounce) a must. if so can you explain that more detailed.

Thanks
  4. EJB Deployment[ Go to top ]

Hmmm, that is peculiar. When I did 6.1 before I knew about the development mode thing, I would just bounce (stop/restart) the server. Why is development mode not an option? That would be the preferable way to do it. I really don't know why undeploy/redploy via the console doesn't work. It works for webapps.

Sorry, I'm afraid I can't give you much more info except to try development mode or to just deal with restarting the server if you can't use development mode.

The only other thing I can think of is to implement and test your EJBs as plain classes with static methods or something, and then when you have them working, convert them to EJBs. That is kindof a hack, but you could at least do most of your development and debugging outside Weblogic....
  5. EJB Deployment[ Go to top ]

Thanks for you response.

I tried to do the second step you have mentioned(undeploy/deploy through console), but my new jar never got picked up. Then, I completly deleted the jar and tried to re-install, that failed too.

Is you third step (bounce) a must. if so can you explain that more detailed.

Thanks