Vignette to Acquire Epicentric

Discussions

News: Vignette to Acquire Epicentric

1. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric (5 messages)

Vignette (a player in the content management space) today announced the signing of an agreement to acquire privately held Epicentric (known for its portal offerings), for $32 million in cash and restricted stock. Vignette will integrate Epicentric's portal technologies with its content management solutions.

Read the press release.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric[ Go to top ]

I think Vignette is trying to be everything for everyone! rather than trying to provide everything, it should focus on what it is best at - that is Content Management and like Interwoven should provide portal related features thru integrations with third party products like ATG Dynamo, BEA etc.
  3. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric[ Go to top ]

Yes, that would be find if Vignette were any good at Content Management. They were one of, if not the, first but having built many different applications ontop of their systems from StoryServer 4 to 5 to V/5 and V/6 I can tell you not to waste your money.
  4. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric[ Go to top ]

They should have gone after Plumtree instead. I have heard alot of issues with the Epicentric product.
  5. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric[ Go to top ]

Do you still need to write TCL code to make extensions/tweaks to the system?

global
    upvar
  6. Vignette to Acquire Epicentric[ Go to top ]

No, they are JSP/ASP now