Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Accessing objects from other Applications within the server

1. I am trying to come up with a solution to an online retirement benefit application. This app is developed in J2EE with JSPs and a Controller servlet interfacing a Natural/Adabase backend. For the sake of description, I would call it App1. This application needs to get information from objects in another J2EE application say App2. How do I accomplish this? Can I use the getContext() method of ServletContext to get the context for App2 and then access the objects? I am not sure. Kindly respond
  2. On what application server is this J2EE application being deployed? Your problem often has vendor specific solutions. In weblogic, as long as App2 is successfully deployed, you can call it as if it were part of App1 (but only by its JNDI name). If you are not going as far as using an application server for deployment, then I don't really know.
  3. The Application is being deployed to Tomcat 4.1. The web server is IIS. We are not using a full fledged Application Server since we dont have EJB's to deploy

Thanks for your response Mr. Siju Odeyemi