How to see changes to a bean used in JSP

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: How to see changes to a bean used in JSP

1. How to see changes to a bean used in JSP (4 messages)

Using Jetty engine, when changes are made to a bean, JSP still displays old values unless engine is restarted. Is it possible to use bean without restart or what's the correct way of using them

TIA!

Threaded Messages (4)

2. How to see changes to a bean used in JSP[ Go to top ]

Try "touching" the JSP file so it gets recompiled.
  3. How to see changes to a bean used in JSP[ Go to top ]

Unfortunately "touching" or even changes made to JSP
    won't have any affect (Jetty/4.1, Win2K, SunJDK-14101)
    I simply assig a string property in bean (not from jsp) and request it in JSP. Value is displayed on web page, but when I change the property and recompile the class, old values are displayed on web page. Thou changes to JSP are visible, so JSP is recompiled.
  4. How to see changes to a bean used in JSP[ Go to top ]

Blind B

Are you certain your jsp is recompiling? If so, try removing your server's cached servlet file from its temp working directory. There is not reason why the server should not pick up the new class after that.
  5. How to see changes to a bean used in JSP[ Go to top ]

Unfortunetly I'm sure that JSP is recompiling. If I make a typo, I get compiler error, after correction, all fine except that changes to bean class are not visible. I deleted the cache, files(java,class) reappeared after web-browser refresh

I seems to me that You have some expirience with it. Are You using Jetty as well? Perhaps this techinque works in Tomcat(I haven't tried, I've read that issues are the same)

Thanks for Your input, Notsew