suggestion: project reviews

Discussions

TSS feedback: suggestion: project reviews

1. suggestion: project reviews (4 messages)

In addition to application server reviews, you could also have project reviews as well. Many times when developers would like to use j2ee, they are overwhelmed with all the open-source frameworks and apis that are available. I think if we had a review repository for all these frameworks and apis (sorted by version as well), then it would go a long to way to choosing a framework that is best for the job in one easy place.

Do you think this is worth doing? It would have helped me a great deal.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. suggestion: project reviews[ Go to top ]

For what it's worth, I think this is a most excellent idea.
  3. suggestion: project reviews[ Go to top ]

The reviews section is going to get a *major* overhaul.
    It will encompass ideas such as yours, and will be a place for all sorts of reviews.

Thanks for the idea
  4. suggestion: project reviews[ Go to top ]

I'd even offer to write many of the reviews as well for the frameworks & tools that I have used and/or am using now. I mean, a person can spends weeks just figuring out what they want to do. A respository would go a long way to many these choices more efficiently and confidently without wasting valuable time that you could have actually making the project itself.
  5. suggestion: project reviews[ Go to top ]

Ken, this is a great idea. this setion will take frameworks and tools ,for Example, IDEs. I hope that theserverside will read your post and consider it, and I am also welling to write reviews to the products I used.

Ken, Thank you ;-)