Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: How to improve jsp performance by changing server architecture?

1. Hi All,

1. Why should we add a web server in front of the application server(JRun in my project)?
    2. Should I put all the images in the web server(apache), will it improve performance?
    3. If I put all the images in the web server, when I use browser to access JSP, does the browser set up multi connections to the web server to get the text and images or use the single connection? How can I test?
    4. If I install mod_gzip in the web server(Apache), will it improve the performance?
    5. Does mod_gzip compress the text and images in one package and separate packages?

Thanks a lot!

Michael
  2. In N-tier architecture ,web server actually handles the request ...and make sure that u r clear up to this point .This is to improve the performance of your application.And Application server is there to provide the services required by your application such Transaction management,persistence and security and .....a some more .Hope this will help u!!!