General J2EE: J2EE 1.4 SDK has no JNDI options in the Deployment Tool?
- Posted by: Mal P
- Posted on: December 25 2002 00:03 EST
I've been going through the J2EE tutorial using J2SE 1.4.1 and J2EE 1.4 beta and it has been succesful so far, except when it comes to defining the JNDI names as described here: http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/GettingStarted7.html
This option seems to be missing from the deployment tool in J2EE 1.4, and I'm a little perplexed as to where to find this pane... should I revert to J2EE 1.3? Or are there better automatic deployment descriptor generators available?
- J2EE 1.4 SDK has no JNDI options in the Deployment Tool? by Ferhat SAVCI on December 26 2002 13:01 EST
- J2EE 1.4 SDK has no JNDI options in the Deployment Tool? by Mal P on December 26 2002 22:08 EST
J2EE 1.4 differs from J2EE 1.3.1 in this aspect. 1.3 JNDI names were part of the deployment descriptor and were edited in EJB jar's JNDI tab. 1.4 implements JSR88 and JNDI names are now part of deployment setting customizers, not the descriptor.
If you don't care what this means, the easy answer is (disclaimer: I'm going from memory and I have used it three or four times anyway, so, where you click or actual names of the items may be somewhat different):
1. Add your enterprise beans, add your classes etc.
2. Select the EJB jar then go File|Deployment settings|New file. Press OK and close the dialog.
3. You get a new deployment settings entry for Sun's reference implementation. Select it.
Voila! The JNDI names table is in the right pane.
Thank you, much appreciated!