Ejb client framework?

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Ejb client framework?

1. Ejb client framework? (2 messages)

Hi all,

I'm developing a Relation Management module as part of a larger integrated system for a company that sells gambling-machines.

I just finished the entitybeans with sessionfacade and did some tests with commandline clients. So far the serverside part works just fine, I'm using JBoss 3.0 with a MySQL database. But now I have to build the real client.

I don't want to write a web-interface for this application so I started to develop a Swing client. Problem is that I have the idea that I'm re-inventing the wheel!! My question is : Is there some sort of framework for RAD development of ejb swing clients?

I'm interested in a framework that would bind my value-objects to components like JTable and JTextField. It would also be nice to have a framework that dynamicly build a Swing UI by reading an XML document.

Cheers and happy newyear!

Andre

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Ejb client framework?[ Go to top ]

We have developed an infrastructure, accompanying design tools and several GUI renderers (applet, application and ActiveX versions) doing just what you describe. We use it to develop turn-key solutions for our customers. Unfortunately, it is not a packaged product and we are not selling it at this time.

Fortunately, there are a lot of open source projects going on around this concept. Just search Google for Swing and GUI and XML. They are probably not all you ask for, but it's a starting point.
  3. Ejb client framework?[ Go to top ]

I found what I was looking for : it's called XMLTalk.

XMLTalk creates a swing-gui by reading an XML-document and also makes it possible to bind value-objects to ui-components. Unfortunatly it's not opensource and it's not for sale, but you are free to download it and use it. The developer who made it is in the process of convincing his company to turn it into opensource.

Here are some links : http://www.trcinc.com/knowledge/software/xmltalk/xmltalk.asp

The developer has also started a Yahoo group where you can get a newer version :
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/xmltalk-dev

Andre