Breathing new life into Netware, Novell is making the news with announcements of its Netware 6.5 operating system beta this week, which will include Apache Tomcat and its J2EE 1.3 exteNd application server. In addition, Netware 7 (to be released next august) will offer the choice of a Linux or Netware kernel for its OS.
- Posted by: Floyd Marinescu
- Posted on: April 15 2003 16:23 EDT
Novell unveils Netware 6.5... and Linux future for Netware 7.0.
Novell To Launch ExteNd 5 In October.
- Amount of replies after one day... by Frank Rietveld on April 16 2003 05:46 EDT
- Novell Netware 6.5 to include Tomcat and exteNd Appserver by Rob` Clevenger on April 17 2003 00:13 EDT
- SilverStream by Mike Brown on April 18 2003 09:37 EDT
... kind of illustrates Novell's current position in the market ;-)
There's also a slashdot article on it here
Did they rename the Silver Stream application server exteNd application server?
The SilverStream Application Server is now branded Novell exteNd Application Server. http://www.novell.com/products/extend/appserver/