Discussions

Performance and scalability: App Server Reviews

1. App Server Reviews (5 messages)

Does anyone know of any competitive reviews which have been carried out on available App Server products.

The two products I am most interested in are Weblogic and Websphere - not only am I trying to find out which is the better product, but I am also looking for reviews (from respected sources) which will go into the strengths and weaknesses of each.

Threaded Messages (5)

2. App Server Reviews[ Go to top ]

You might be able to find some data on TechMetrix. They've done some benchmarking.

-Ed
  3. App Server Reviews[ Go to top ]

Ed,

Have been to TechMetrix, the problem is that their migration document compares the current WebLogic version against an old Websphere version.

So when it talks about the adherence to standards (and evidently Websphere 3.02 was out of date in this respect), I'm not sure how valid Techmetrix's points are now that 3.5 is around.

But that's definitely the kind of thing that I'm looking for.

Thanks,
    Pete
  4. App Server Reviews[ Go to top ]

You should definitely consider SilverStream App Server in the equation. They have simplified (automated) many tasks
    that are manually done in WebLogic.
  5. App Server Reviews[ Go to top ]

Bharat,

That's all well and good, but where do I find the reputable review that tells me that Silverstream is my best option?

Pete
  6. App Server Reviews[ Go to top ]

Here's my favorite place for this stuff - it helped a lot when we were looking for an app server:
    http://serverwatch.internet.com/appservers.html