How to Deploy JSP on Bea WebLogic Server

Discussions

EJB design: How to Deploy JSP on Bea WebLogic Server

1. How to Deploy JSP on Bea WebLogic Server (5 messages)

Hello All,

I had written a sample program in jsp. I am confused in deploying this page on to the weblogic server. Can any one help me in solving my problem. I had installed the Latest version (8.1) of WebLogic Server on my system.

Regards,
                                              Saradhi.
  2. Before deploying on Weblogic, you should create a .war file with all the files needed for your web application namely jsp files,java beans,image files and servlet class files if any needed. Then lanuch your weblogic server using the batch(StartWLS.cmd) file. After your server started, use this link in your machine http://localhost:7000/console to launch the console, login and select your domain and then the web application (.war file) that you want to deploy.

More information read http://e-docs.bea.com/
  3. Dear All,

Can any one suggest, how to write .war file for the jsp page(s). If possible explain the method in detail.

Regards,
                                                            Saradhi.
  4. Dear Saradhi

For creating .war file simple make use of jar utility that is available with j2sdk.

ex: jar cvf HelloWorld.war *.class *.jsp *.java

Hope this will help you.
  5. Saradhi:
    There are two ways to deploy your JSP
    1. (Prefered) Create a WAR file. Put it in %WEBLOGIC%/config/myserver/applications folder.
    2. Just put the JSP in appropreate sub-folder in %WEBLOGIC%/config/myserver/applications

make sure you are running WLS in "Development" mode.

Anshuman
  6. Saradhi:
    There are two ways to deploy your JSP
    1. (Prefered) Create a WAR file. Put it in %WEBLOGIC%/config/myserver/applications folder.
    2. Just put the JSP in appropreate sub-folder in %WEBLOGIC%/config/myserver/applications

make sure you are running WLS in "Development" mode.

Anshuman

Hi folks,

I have just installed Weblogic 10.3 in Linux machine, and i have ear file with me, which i would like to deploy on the same. can someone help me configuring a new admin server and verify whether its working as expected.