Problems using JSP1.0 in WebSphere

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Problems using JSP1.0 in WebSphere

1. Problems using JSP1.0 in WebSphere (3 messages)

I have set up my Web application using JSP1.0 in WebSphere. However, I got the following error when trying to run a jsp. Just wondering if anyone knows what is causing the error, and how to fix it. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------
    Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report such errors more gracefully
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/cs/util/ObjInfo
    at source unknown
    at com.sun.jsp.compiler.Jsp1_0ParseEventListener.beginPageProcessing(Jsp1_0ParseEventListener.java:525)
    at com.sun.jsp.compiler.Main.compile(Main.java:307)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.compile(JspLoader.java:86)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspLoader.loadJSP(JspLoader.java:200)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.loadIfNecessary(JspServlet.java:99)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.java:110)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:400)
    at com.sun.jsp.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:510)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:639)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictServletInstance.doService(ServletManager.java:557)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet._service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:160)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.IdleServletState.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:287)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.StrictLifecycleServlet.service(StrictLifecycleServlet.java:105)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstance.service(ServletManager.java:349)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ValidServletReferenceState.dispatch(ServletManager.java:705)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.ServletInstanceReference.dispatch(ServletManager.java:631)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.handleWebAppDispatch(WebApp.java:1129)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.dispatch(WebApp.java:1001)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.webapp.WebAppRequestDispatcher.forward(WebApp.java:960)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srt.WebAppInvoker.handleInvocationHook(WebGroup.java:681)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.invocation.CachedInvocation.handleInvocation(CachedInvocation.java:67)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.srp.ServletRequestProcessor.dispatchByURI(ServletRequestProcessor.java:139)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.OSEListenerDispatcher.service(OSEListener.java:300)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp$ServiceRunnable.run(SQEventListenerImp.java:230)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.SQEventListenerImp.notifySQEvent(SQEventListenerImp.java:104)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQEventSource.notifyEvent(SQEventSource.java:202)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.notifyService(SQWrapperEventSource.java:347)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.serverqueue.SQWrapperEventSource$SelectRunnable.run(SQWrapperEventSource.java:216)
    at com.ibm.servlet.engine.oselistener.outofproc.OutOfProcThread$CtlRunnable.run(OutOfProcThread.java:248)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:492)

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Problems using JSP1.0 in WebSphere[ Go to top ]

Websphere in its wisdom has removed the JSP10.jar from the classpath. This needs to be added manually.
  3. Problems using JSP1.0 in WebSphere[ Go to top ]

hello
      friends

Mostly these types of errors occur when the classpath is not set properly.. if you are using websphere better you first test you jsp with the test environment with jsp execution monitor so that you can use debugger of Visual Age for java to debug and identify the error.... all default jsp's are kept in the directory /ibmvjava/webspheretestenvironmet/ide/hosts/defaulthosts/your directory name where servlet or jsp is present... i think this should solve your problem... this is just my way of thinking ....

regards
      vipin pingle
  4. Problems in JSP1.0 in WebSphere[ Go to top ]

I seem to be getting the same error too, except that my jsp seems to recognize my home inteface. It throws this error when i refer to my remote or Primary key class. What i am unable to understand is when it can recognize Home why not the others. Could someone plz clarify this for me.
    Thanx.

ps: however my servlet client works perfectly.
    -------------------------------------------------------