Has S/w development really solved the problem

Discussions

EJB design: Has S/w development really solved the problem

1. Has S/w development really solved the problem (3 messages)

Guys, do you think software has really solved the problem of machines working for us, and we using our time in more creative things.

As of now, what I have objeserved is c came and made our life difficult

c++ came and made our life more difficult

java came and then came set of technologies which we really have to keep updated with.

what is the end result ?

Regards
    Chetan
  2. Internet, WWW, etc[ Go to top ]

The first thing that comes to my mind is that I can get a lot of stuff (pay bills, travel arragements, purchase products) done much more quickly today than I could 10 years ago. This is mainly because of the Internet and its related technologies (Java and other stuff). It has freed up a significant amount of time for me to do things that I enjoy.
  3. \Sahasrabudhe\
    As of now, what I have objeserved is c came and made our life difficult
    \Sahasrabudhe\

In what way did C make anyone's life _more_ difficult? What were your options before C was widely available?

\Sahasrabudhe\
    what is the end result ?
    \Sahasrabudhe\

Programmers work just as hard as they ever have, but they produce more useful end products in less time.

-Mike
  4. Chetan:
    I disagree! It definitely made the endusers life easier. For developer it's a different story. But all these new technologies provides for your living. Generating living has always been a challange. Ironically, 90% of "we" developer change job to work on newer technology and search for "challanging" oppertunity.
    Anshuman