Let me explain what is happening.
1. We load a JSP that contains an applet in an IE browser session.
2. The applet initialises, loads, gets data from the database and
3. This involves instantiating an EJB from the applet code, which
the database, and calls a method(s) on the EJB.
4. When we check the connections on the database everything is as
A user session has been established for the EJB.
5. When we leave the JSP i.e. load another page into the IE browser, the
database session remains open on the DB server.
6. When we try and go back to the same JSP with the applet tag within
same IE session, the IE browser hangs while trying to initialise the
7. We can see that no new connection is established in the database and
can also see from the last activity date that the original one is not
8. This happens consistently. First time from a new IE session always
works, subsequent access hangs!
If any of you have any solution for this, Please reply