file transfer - SWa standard java jwsdp-1.2 client to microsoft

Discussions

XML & Web services: file transfer - SWa standard java jwsdp-1.2 client to microsoft

1. The standard Java developer pack worked ok with jax-rpc. I was sending a byte array. I found it broke
    down pretty bad at about a 550k array, which took 8 minutes for a round trip. I switched to Soap With
    Attachments, and was pleased at a 35 second round trip for a 8.5 meg file. This was Microsoft to
    Microsoft however. When I went to make the java client from the WSDL I found that the jwsdp-1.2 did
    not know about dime. Apparently the standard is in some sort of WSI preview, which to my knowledge,
    still does not work with dime. So I looked at some other toolkits, the IBM WSDK5.0.1, which is limited
    on SWa. Then Axis, which is what I'm planning to use as an interim solution until the Java standards for SWa
    interoperate. WASP from Systinet looked good and the fact that it does C++ also. There were a couple
    more open source solutions for Swa dime/mime panecea.
       So all that said, Am I on the right track here with the state of SWa and dime.
  2. WS-Attachements/DIME is not the same thing as SwA/MIME. DIME doesn't have wide industry support, and even Microsoft itself is rolling back to SwA/MIME. Check this out: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/mgudgin/paswa/paswa.html. AFAIK Microsoft doesn't provide SwA stack currently, but will vafor it in future over DIME.
  3. didn't get that from article[ Go to top ]

WS-Attachements/DIME is not the same thing as SwA/MIME. DIME doesn't have wide industry support, and even Microsoft itself is rolling back to SwA/MIME. Check this out: http://www.gotdotnet.com/team/mgudgin/paswa/paswa.html. AFAIK Microsoft doesn't provide SwA stack currently, but will vafor it in future over DIME.

I read the "addendum draft", but didn't see dime mentioned. The gotdotnet in the url
    would make you think Microsoft is going the multipartmime route, but I tend to
    think they are just represented on this board and going through the motions. Of course
    you may be right, and I am unable to read between the lines. So what you are saying is
    that Microsoft will implement the Swa mime stack, but will still retain dime? Until then, an interim
    solution in the present still requires java dime support to hit a microsoft web service
    using soap with attachments.