About a bea portal solution

Discussions

TSS feedback: About a bea portal solution

1. About a bea portal solution (1 messages)

I am using Bea Weblogic 8.1 beta to build a portal for a large corporation. there are many existed Applications deployed in the local network, and some people access the applications in the local network via VPN. now we want to deploy our portal server on internet, so ,we can access the portal on internet ,and , we want to access the applications in local network via portal server(of course ,the portal server is connectioned to local network and have a local network IP address ). is this possible ? if so , How can I do it ?? any suggest is admiring ,thanks.
  2. About a bea portal solution[ Go to top ]

I am using Bea Weblogic 8.1 beta to build a portal for a large corporation. there are many existed Applications deployed in the local network, and some people access the applications in the local network via VPN. now we want to deploy our portal server on internet, so ,we can access the portal on internet ,and , we want to access the applications in local network via portal server(of course ,the portal server is connectioned to local network and have a local network IP address ). is this possible ? if so , How can I do it ?? any suggest is admiring ,thanks.

I am working on a similiar solution right now. I think the way to do it is to go for tiered application architecture. So essentially you will be having a webserver say iPlanet sitting in front facing towards the web and all your static content would be residing on the webserver or a virual directory mapped as a local directory on the webserver and it will be outside of your firewall or DMZ whatever you want to call it. The webserver talks to the application server and serves the content. The access to the specific portlets could be restricted and can be different ways depending on your requirements.

Hope this helps !

Srini