Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: TimeZone API

1. TimeZone API (2 messages)

Is there a HTTP/Servlet API for communicating the time zone information from the browser to the servlet, similar to the Local API?

This looks like a pretty basic peice of information for internationalization and localization. I know one can write a custom java script, determine the time zone and pass it on.

However, I am just wondering if I am missing something or if this is a know hole within HTTP/servelt spec??

Thanks,

Kiran

Threaded Messages (2)

2. TimeZone API[ Go to top ]

(reposting,just corrected some typos)

Is there a HTTP/Servlet API for communicating the time zone information from the browser to the servlet, similar to the Locale API?

This looks like a pretty basic piece of information for internationalization and localization. I know one can write a custom java script, determine the time zone and pass it on.

However, I am just wondering if I am missing something or if this is a known hole within HTTP/servlet spec??

Thanks,

Kiran
  3. TimeZone API[ Go to top ]

This is not a hole in the servlet spec, it is a hole in the HTTP spec. There is no common HTTP header that communicates browser TimeZone info to the server.

If this is something you really need, the easy way to accomplish this is a JavaScript hack on the site home page to communicate the time zone.